ProPoints Diary of a WW virgin

So I am having chicken casserole for dinner tonight and really fancy dumplings so might just have to have some. No idea on pp so hope they aren't loads!!!

So my day today so far is:

B - Weetabix and milk - 5pp
L - leek and potato soup and fruit salad - 3pp

Snacks - sweet pecan bar - 2pp, rich toffee bar - 2pp and chocolate and vanilla bar - 2pp

Dinner am estimating - 2 skinless and boneless chicken thighs - 9pp, chicken stock cube - 1pp and dumplings ( depends on what mix is brought but I estimate I can have at least one) will Not have any potatoes and will have lots of green veg with it.

24 pp leaving 4 for a dumplings. Dilemma I have is if the dumpling is worth the points or if i forgoe the dumpling and have potato for 2pp and a chocolate fudge or other treat later - oh the choices!

I do have 17 weeklies although have been munching my way through a packet of strong mints throughout the week - 6pp for the packet so realistically 11 weeklies left.

So disappointed with dinner. It's in the slow cooker and looks crap. No time for dumplings so jut having it with potatoes and veg. Don't know why but my chicken casserole is always crap in the slow cooker grrrrr

mrsgosling3 said:
So disappointed with dinner. It's in the slow cooker and looks crap. No time for dumplings so jut having it with potatoes and veg. Don't know why but my chicken casserole is always crap in the slow cooker grrrrr

Actually I take that back 110% it was actually amazing. It was hard to weigh out the chicken as it had all disintegrated. I have pointed for 2 1/2 skinless boneless thighs and think I had about that which was 11pp and 150g potato and veg. Delicious :)

No points left for today

Attachments

• image-1966278140.jpg
    image-1966278140.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 33
It looks delicious xx

Just read through your diary & it took most of the day lol.
You have done extremely well, go you, keep up the good work.
I am also 5ft 8, I started ww'er in the middle of April & weighed in at 16st 4 & 1/2 lbs and now I am13st 7lbs. My healthy bmi is also 11st 10, but I want to get to 11st 4 & 1/2 so that it will be bang on 5 stone to lose.
Your dishes look lovely, some really good ideas there. I'm glad I'm not the only one who posts photos of their dinners!!! xx

I meant to say, at the beginning of your diary someone commented about your Husband & how you have great taste in men, I think she was referring to Ryan Gosling who's tipped to play Mr Grey in the 50 shades trilogy :)

Hazykay said:
I meant to say, at the beginning of your diary someone commented about your Husband & how you have great taste in men, I think she was referring to Ryan Gosling who's tipped to play Mr Grey in the 50 shades trilogy :)

Lol yeah I realised that. I was made really paranoid by a friend about doing a diary that when someone made a comment I felt like she knew me or something! I have relaxed a bit now obviously!!! X

Hazykay said:
Just read through your diary & it took most of the day lol.
You have done extremely well, go you, keep up the good work.
I am also 5ft 8, I started ww'er in the middle of April & weighed in at 16st 4 & 1/2 lbs and now I am13st 7lbs. My healthy bmi is also 11st 10, but I want to get to 11st 4 & 1/2 so that it will be bang on 5 stone to lose.
Your dishes look lovely, some really good ideas there. I'm glad I'm not the only one who posts photos of their dinners!!! xx

Lol sorry it took so long you were very patient! We have quite a bit in common then. I think I want to get to 11 stone but will decide more when I am there. First stop for me 20% then it will be ww target.....I love looking back on my pictures. I have started taking more pictures since I have been following your diary - it inspires me. Your food always looks amazing and it's nice to know someone else who goes to meetings - although I don't really get chance to listen anymore am too busy with the shop. It's manic! Xx

mrsgosling3 said:
Lol sorry it took so long you were very patient! We have quite a bit in common then. I think I want to get to 11 stone but will decide more when I am there. First stop for me 20% then it will be ww target.....I love looking back on my pictures. I have started taking more pictures since I have been following your diary - it inspires me. Your food always looks amazing and it's nice to know someone else who goes to meetings - although I don't really get chance to listen anymore am too busy with the shop. It's manic! Xx

Took me most of the day lol. Yep, we have got a lot in common. I originally wanted to aim for 11st but then I was thinking if I was 18 or 20 that would be fine but as I'm getting older, I need to watch that I don't get that gaunt, scrawny look. I want to look & feel healthy. My hubby is slim & he came home last week after working away & straight away I said he looked too thin. He had lost 6 pounds that week & it was very noticeable.
Like you, I'll see how I feel the closer I get.
Your recipes have inspired me too & I am going to treat myself to the hairy dieters cookbook, sounds like it's right up my street :)
If I didn't go to the meetings I reckon I would have failed ages ago xx

Hazykay said:
Took me most of the day lol. Yep, we have got a lot in common. I originally wanted to aim for 11st but then I was thinking if I was 18 or 20 that would be fine but as I'm getting older, I need to watch that I don't get that gaunt, scrawny look. I want to look & feel healthy. My hubby is slim & he came home last week after working away & straight away I said he looked too thin. He had lost 6 pounds that week & it was very noticeable.
Like you, I'll see how I feel the closer I get.
Your recipes have inspired me too & I am going to treat myself to the hairy dieters cookbook, sounds like it's right up my street :)
If I didn't go to the meetings I reckon I would have failed ages ago xx

It is really good. We have the meatballs from it planned for Thursday :) I love it its great. I know I would have failed without the meetings and probably would have given up after my holiday had I not been a helper. I think that's going to help me maintain too as I'm quite involved with it now.

I don't want to look gaunt which is why I went up from 10 and half stone that I initially wanted as everyone said I would look too skinny so think 11 will suit me. As long as I am a comfortable 10/12 I will be happy

Guess what I got today?????

image-438560863.jpg

Heehee!!! Dying to try the Spanish style chicken bake, sounds awesome :) oh, and the salmon with chilli ginger sauce, oh oh and the roast pork & apple gravy and...............I could go on & on lol xx

Yay! Let me know what the Jamie one is like thinking about getting it on payday. I love the Spanish chicken. We are having that again on Saturday. Think we are having the roast pork in Sunday and want to try the salmon but I'm the only one who likes it so will wait for that one :)

Hope you have had a good day :) I have just finished finished work. Waiting for my hubby to get in the car. Not a great day for me - laddered my tights and had to take them off, hairy legs and when I walked to meet my hubby I got a massive blister!!! Ouchies lol.

Low point lunch, dinner and tea so I could have loads of munchies today. Day before I am due on and it's always a mega hungry day for me :)

mrsgosling3 said:
Yay! Let me know what the Jamie one is like thinking about getting it on payday. I love the Spanish chicken. We are having that again on Saturday. Think we are having the roast pork in Sunday and want to try the salmon but I'm the only one who likes it so will wait for that one :)

Hope you have had a good day :) I have just finished finished work. Waiting for my hubby to get in the car. Not a great day for me - laddered my tights and had to take them off, hairy legs and when I walked to meet my hubby I got a massive blister!!! Ouchies lol.

Low point lunch, dinner and tea so I could have loads of munchies today. Day before I am due on and it's always a mega hungry day for me :)

I find Jamie uses a lot of oil in his recipes but I can adapt them. Picking out a few, I have worked out that they average around 15pp's, which includes rice, potatoes or pasta etc. not bad if you have weeklies to spare & want to cook something nice over the weekend.
We are having the salmon tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes & I'll take a photo of course :)
Not good news about the tights, why do these things always happen when there's not a thing you can do about it at the time. So frustrating!!
I get days when I could eat for Britain & there would be no filling me. I try to resist & snack on fruit but sometimes it doesn't hit the mark :-(
Other than the tights & blister fiasco, I hope you had a good day xx

Hazykay said:
I find Jamie uses a lot of oil in his recipes but I can adapt them. Picking out a few, I have worked out that they average around 15pp's, which includes rice, potatoes or pasta etc. not bad if you have weeklies to spare & want to cook something nice over the weekend.
We are having the salmon tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes & I'll take a photo of course :)
Not good news about the tights, why do these things always happen when there's not a thing you can do about it at the time. So frustrating!!
I get days when I could eat for Britain & there would be no filling me. I try to resist & snack on fruit but sometimes it doesn't hit the mark :-(
Other than the tights & blister fiasco, I hope you had a good day xx

Yes it wasn't a bad day - busy at work and as our 3 car family is down to 1 car at the moment it's a long day as waiting round for hubby to finish work but never mind. Food not exciting

L - philidelphia salad sandwich on brown bread - 5pp
D - chicken stir fry - 4pp

14/28pp leaving 14pp for snacks. I had all for 2pp each

Chocolate fudge, chocolate and vanilla biscuit, miller fat free lemon Greek style yoghurt, tomato salsa crisps, mini roll, pecan bar, rich toffee bar - 14pp (such a pig) as well as banana, satsumas,, apples and plums.

Then I also had a solero for 3pp so 8 weeklies left and 4 activity points earned - from my walk to my hubby every evening.

Tomorrow will be a better day - planned hairy dieters meatballs :)

mrsgosling3 said:
Yes it wasn't a bad day - busy at work and as our 3 car family is down to 1 car at the moment it's a long day as waiting round for hubby to finish work but never mind. Food not exciting

L - philidelphia salad sandwich on brown bread - 5pp
D - chicken stir fry - 4pp

14/28pp leaving 14pp for snacks. I had all for 2pp each

Chocolate fudge, chocolate and vanilla biscuit, miller fat free lemon Greek style yoghurt, tomato salsa crisps, mini roll, pecan bar, rich toffee bar - 14pp (such a pig) as well as banana, satsumas,, apples and plums.

Then I also had a solero for 3pp so 8 weeklies left and 4 activity points earned - from my walk to my hubby every evening.

Tomorrow will be a better day - planned hairy dieters meatballs :)

Lots of snacks to keep you going through the day :)
I love the sound of the meatballs & toyed with them for Saturday. I have my little fellas friend coming over on Saturday & thought of meatballs or steak pie. Decided on the steak pie as kids love anything with pastry!
Please take a photo & make me regret my decision lol. Then again, I could always change my mind.......
xx

Back