Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

Hi Val, Just coming by and wishing you a VERY belated birthday wish altho' it wasn't a very brilliant affair by any means...shame..:D

Hope the award day went off okay and you managed not to nod off to sleep..what a lovely event anyway..I'm sure you were too proud for that to have happened.

Nothing worse than feeling hemmed in, is there? Enough to do your head in in my book..:wave_cry:

Have a happy Friday...:)

Sorry not been around lately - lots to tell.

Firstly the diet has been a non-event!! Am still not snacking half as much as I have been before so that is positive, and I am not gaining, Im just not losing either!

I went for an interview today - I worked it out, my first one in 15 years!! Was very nervous so it probably didnt go as well it could've done, but was good experience for me.

Also me and one of my friends are setting up our own jewelery business. We are making our own jewellery, hair bobbles, library book bags and paintshirts and will sell them at various markets and online. I dont think we will make a fortune, but it will be a bit of pin money, and will keep me out of trouble. We have decided to do a couple of days a week, so we still have the flexibility of being at home.

So yes, all go, but not so much diet related lol.

Oh yes and didnt weigh last week cos I knew I had gained - very bad me!!!

Last edited:
Have no idea what im doing up at 2.30 am - thats not entirely true - I went out with a friend to see a band down the pub - I had 4 1/2 lagers and a cocktail, so not sw good, but not falling over drunk! Anyhow got home at 11pm, had a chat with hubby (already in bed) bout the gossip from the evening, then back into the lounge for a look at facebook and stuff. I fell asleep, sat upright with my fingers on the keyboard!! Must've slept for an hour. When I woke up I carried on fb-ing, so now Im wide awake, with only 4 hours till the kids get up and come and jump on me!!

The good news was when I fancied some munchies, I grabbed the grapes :) Am feeling my whole attitude towards food has changed! We had steak, chips and garlic bread for tea tonight - I had 1 bit of garlic bread, without even thinking bout it - gave the left overs to the dogs - get me!!!

Anyhow - it is deffo time to get back on the diet proper, I am definately in the right headspace to return to the plan. I didnt mention, when I was going to the interview on Friday, the only shirt I could find was a size 12 - I just got my arms in the sleeves, but they wouldnt bend, didnt even try to do up buttons, shirt didnt meet in the middle - I need to tackle this.

I am going to weigh in the morning and reset my day to weigh in as Sunday on the website.

The future starts here!

Right

Have emailed sw admin to change my day and have weighed this morning. Am up 2.5lbs which I know mostly happened during my 1st week off plan, so am ok with that. Am not looking at the past - its the future all the way from now on!

Had a bit of a lay in today, courtesy of my fantastic OH. He took the kids to the shops, dispite his dodgy back at the mo :) He came home with all the stuff for the slow cooker and had chopped it all up and its on - so fab tea tonight. Should be enough for 2 days tea - yummy. Will be EE as he has put in beef, potatoes and pearl barley, as well as stacks of free veggies.

So food for today:

B weetabix and milk - both hex's for the day
L Mushroom omelette will use 20g lf cheese for 3 syns
T Yummo slow cooker concoction
snacks - might be tricky, only have 1 peach in the fruit bowl, i do have yogurt though and some low syn ice lollies.

Oh yes and am writing a food diary to get me back on track
And am going to have 2 or 3 green teas per day
Am am aiming to up my water

That is the plan anyway, we'll see how I do.....

Thanks Tania

I have been a bit bad at minimins lately, I have only been 'nipping in' and updating my posts every now and again and have not been doing my normal post-stalking on every1 else so I have not been to your thread for ages - I will make the time to catch up and see how you are getting on this evening or tomorrow - in the meantime have a good Thursday xxxx

Ive not been on here for ages - but it is more cos of time restraints than anything - the diet side is going fine - I did have a 1/2 lb gain last week, but it coincided with day 1 of star week, so I am not overly bothered. I know i have lost this week so far - although I am currently fighting the munchies and the knowledge of a packet of jaffa cakes in the cupboard. I know I can have some as I haveonly had 3 syns so far today, but equally I know that I cant stop at 1 so am trying to leave them untill later on in the evening. Also OH is still at work, at least he will eat some if he is home, reducing the impact on me!! - must resist!!!

Anyway My 1 day per week job is at the moment 2 days per week as there is a lot to learn, setting up contracts and the like. The 2 weeks after easter the other legal secretary goes on holiday for 2 weeks so I will be doing full time for 2 weeks to cover her on my own - scary!!!

So 2 days at the solicitors plus on the friday have been doing craft with my friend michelle for us to sell and make some money there, then there is all the normal house cleaning, tea making and child rearing duties of my life to squeeze in - I have to say my ironing pile is MASSIVE!!! Things will settle down a bit once I am all trained up, and have done the 2 week holiday cover, then I will be on just 1 day per week proper work and 1 day craft, and I can get into some sort of routine. The good thing about it is I have had to schedule my shopping day better, so I to do all my shopping on a tuesday. It is a palava cos I go to aldi which is a 1 hour round trip - I figure I save the petrol money plus extra. I do this every fortnight plus a little shop every other week at my local supermarket for fruit, salad and milk top up. Anyway - shopping takes the whole day, cos I still have to go to the local shop for the stuff aldis dont stock!

I am burbling a bit today, cos have been to work and am a bit brain-fried, should've just put this down for today
"Been working loads, very busy, but managing to keep eating well" Hopefully it will continue!!!

PS Have just been paid for the 1st time in 5 years!!! Yay

Have just weighed in and have lost 1lb - am ok with this, I know I did better during the week and have put a bit on as had curry and beer on Saturday night, but overall a net loss is a good result.

Have been slipping back into snacking on bad things of an evening - will try better this week. I will also do a written diary - I want to lose some weight this week!!!

G'day world - We are out of daylight savings time and it is really boogering up my internal time clock - went for an early night to bed last night so woke up after a fitful 8 hours sleep at 4am - so I got up and did some ironing!!! Am thinking I am completely nuts!!!

Anyhow I lost 1/2 lb this week, which considering I went out with the girls on Saturday night and got completely Mullered and loosing Sunday to a hideous hangover is pretty good. I have some ink for my printer so will print out a food diary in a mo. I am maintaining well at the moment so if I was at my target weight I would be really pleased - however as I am about 15 kilos away from where I want to be I guess I will have to put a little bit of effort into my weight loss. I was reading about einstein said the definition of madness is someone doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to get different results - well, I guess that put me in for a spot at the funny farm!! So this is the plan - just under 2 clear weeks till star week rears its ugly head Gonna follow the plan 100% for 13 days and drink more water. How hard can it be???!!!

Back