Diary of Rozz

Rozz99

Hi all! Been a lurker of this forum for years, but of course after getting to a stable weight a while back I kind of lost touch!

Anyway here I am, post baby and unfortunately a few stone heavier. Can’t even blame it on baby weight! My son experienced some complications so I barely gained a thing during pregnancy, and gained 2.5 stone through comfort eating and stress (and I suspect medication!). Highest weight was 14st 7lbs.

Anyway, having weaned off some meds at the start of lockdown and being stricter with my diet since then I’m down to 13st 5lbs. Falling back into bad habits so am starting Exante to bring back the tight regime I’m used to!

Starting tomorrow (meant to be yesterday but there was a balls up with the Royal Mail!). I’m familiar with low calorie diets and have used exante before so at least I know what to expect. I’m not expecting that lovely big first week loss as I’ve already started the journey, but my weigh in days will be Saturday.

Looking to get down to around 11 stone initially and will use total solution until then. Hopefully this diary will keep me accountable.

Thanks for reading my rambling!!

Hurrah! Royal Mail delivered super sharp this morning. I’ve gotten a mix of shakes (majority), a few ‘meals’ and bars. Today I’ll have a vanilla shake, porridge oats (never tried) and a peanut butter bar tonight. I tend to prefer shakes only but thought I’ll give some meals a go.

Thank you Mcg87!

Tried the porridge this morning... think I used a bit too much water but at least I know for next time. It was surprisingly sweet, and I’m definitely a savoury girl, so maybe next time I’ll have it in the evening when I fancy something sweeter! I don’t do too much exercise but tend to get a lot of walking in (and running after a one year old ha!). So today we’re planning a long walk and play, I’ll have a shake when we get home and I’m saving the peanut butter bar for later this evening.

I’m already fielding off suggestions from friends about eating out and takeaways! Luckily I’ve never minded suggesting other activities or joining for parts of the evening so I don’t feel like I’m missing out too much.

So far all is going ok! I’m a bit unsure about the bars. I had one on Saturday and about an hour afterwards I got a very dodgy tummy (bathroom troubles...). Didn’t really link it to the bar but the same thing happened yesterday, I ended up feeling very bloated and sore after. Over the next few days I’m going to stick to shakes on and see how I get on, and maybe try another bar mid-week to see whether the same thing happens or whether it was a coincidence. I enjoy eating the bars spread throughout the day so I hope it’s not them making me feel dodge!

Hey Rozz,

Welcome to to the Exante gang, you can defo get down to 11st with total solution.

The products are a bit hit and miss sometimes but really the only way to know is to try them.

Sorry you've not been feeling great, it's an annoying thing about these VLCD's, some of the products can give you a dodgy tum but it doesn't last which is a good thing.

I tend to just stick to shakes now, I do buy Lighterlife bars from Superdrug when they are reduced to £0.50 just to have incase I get caught out so that I don't get tempted to cheat!

You can do this and we will be here cheering you all the way.

Thank you Dolly Rocker! That’s really useful to know that true dodgy tummy doesn’t last long. I’m thinking plenty of water should help, so I’ve upped my intake today and will see how the next few days go.

Great tip about the lighter life bars! I really enjoy bars because they’re substantial enough that I feel satisfied and can spread them over a period of time.

I’m hoping for a super early night so just had my last shake and about to settle down with a book and plenty of water, maybe a wee peppermint tea for something warming.

I really enjoy not having to think about my next meal, planning out meals and calories. The simplicity of just picking up a shake or something is a lot more peaceful for my mind. Another day done!

Yeah it comes and goes. It's just your body reacting to the change in diet and all the vitamins in the products I think.

Defo drink plenty of water.

I love the LL bars, they are so handy but no way would I pay £2.99 for them - that is crazy!

Oh I love a peppermint tea, have you tried the buttermint tea? It's like drinking a hot murray mint.

I love the whole not having to think about it or plan, that's going to be the challenge when it comes to maintaining my weight.

The dodgy tummy problems do seem to be passing which is a relief. It’s that time of the month however so I just generally feel yucky, I done a quick midweek check yesterday and was only showing as 1lb down but I always retain and put a few phantom lbs on at the time so I’m not worried about it and just pushing through any demons.

Ive really enjoyed every bar I’ve tried to date excluding cookies and cream. Grim!! Also just enjoying the simplicity of the shakes, they’re not too sweet and there’s no horrible aftertaste so I’m pretty content.

Will have to check out buttermint tea, it sounds delicious!!

Glad to hear the tummy is getting better.

I always gain at TOTM so don't be too upset if you see the lbs go up a bit, our bodies just hold on to as much as possible at this time I think.

Yeah the cookies and cream is horrid, my friend gave me a couple cos she hated them.

Oh it's lovely but I've since found out that they have discontinued it! Might just get peppermint tea instead.

Back