Did anyone else feel that?

Kitteh

Resident geek
A tremor just happened.. i was lying in bed and i was like.. "eh.. is michael jumping around?" must have lasted about.. 5 seconds maybe?
x x

I did too!! I definitely felt a tremour and even wondered if I was having an hallucination. It was like a HUGE lorry had passed by outside and rattled the foundations of the house :eek:

I was in bed playing on Meg's DS when my bed literally moved from the wall and the whole house shook, I rang Neil who lives in Blackpool and:eek: omg he felt it there too:eek:

According to John Kettley (the weatherman who's just been on Five Live) it's nothing to do with the weather - but it's the biggest earthquake the UK has experienced in something like 20 years. Felt all over the country apparently .. but more so in the north and east.

I think I'm going to bed now. I'm spooked too!! *lol*

sky news site reporting it with a map of where it happened

Sky News - First for breaking news - Latest news and video from the UK and around the world.

Reports: Tremors Felt Across England

Updated:01:58, Wednesday February 27, 2008
<H2>Tremors have been felt across England this morning, according to Sky News witnesses.

</H2>
1653652.jpg
'Quake' read 4.7 on Richter scale

The epicentre of the expected earthquake is believed to have been 15 miles north from Lincoln.
The tremor, timed at 12:56am, read 4.7 on the Richter scale.
Reports of homes and offices shaking have been received from Manchester to Norfolk.
Viewers in Rugby, Oldham, London, Windsor, West Yorkshire, Blackpool and Dunstable have all recorded being awoken by the tremor.
There have been no reports of injury or damage.

crazy wasnt it.. lol.. I literally thought it was wind or something.. even though the floor shook.. lol..
The guy said something about. how he thought there would be ftershocks.. but i havnt felt anything since.. lol..

x x x

hehe.. bless ya.. so were most of my friends.. lol.. when i talked to them.. they were like.. "well i was out.. and i was on the dance floor.. so i just thought it was cos i was drink"

x x

Back