Did anyone else have taster night last night?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
and did you get any good recipes or finds?

One of the ones there was the weetabix cake and its LUSH i am gonna cook it tomorrow when i can get a cake tin as I have never made a cake.
Also theres a chocolate desert cake on Slimming world site (not l;ooked yet) but OH MY GOD. it was lush and only 7 syns for the whole lot. Was made out of hot choc and water or something. I'll get the link.

x

i had taster nite too and the ryvita/scanbran was at mine i took chix/bacon quiche

WEETABIX CAKE! I seen that! Let me know if nice when you make at home - id make that! x

I had a taster night too! One lady made pigs in blankets (great for Christmas/Bonfire night), she took the sausage meat out of some syn free sausages, made them in to little balls, sealed them off and then wrapped them in bacon secured with a cocktail stick and then put them in the oven until the bacon was cooked (sorry I'm rubbish at remembering times etc)

how many syns is that one#?

just done it with Weetabix and worked it out as 34.5 points. Cut it up into 8 pieces at 4 syns per slice.
Once its cooled down I shall give a verdict!
x

Oooh oooh oooh! Don't let it cool - we want to know NOW :p :D lol

omg it looks like a sticky chocolate cake!!!!!!!! :D

is it feasible to use only 4 weetabix, and use them as 2 x HEb's - so the whole thing would only be 16 syns? :eek:

and it says 34.5 syns for the whole thing, but only adds up to 28 in the recipe? (please tell me the 28 one is right :D lol)

OH GOD YEA! i'll go change whoop whoop!
So thats 3.5 syns for a slice and 28 for the whole lot!!

And yea i dont see why not about using the weetabix.

The bottom is a bit soggy but i am sure its dooable for a quick fix!
x

Oh Im so gna try this next week when Paul gets paid! x

but honestly one piece is enough as its quite rich? if thats a way to put it.

sounds yummy FNM, have you tried the original weetabix cake, i just looked at the recipe on the SW site and that sounds really good, im not a lover of choc so i fink i wud give the orginal one a go if it has good feedback!!

god it's so bloomin annoying!!! cos i'm doing body optimise online, i don't get to use the lifeline online site, so can't see the recipe on there... grrr!!!

sounds yummy FNM, have you tried the original weetabix cake, i just looked at the recipe on the SW site and that sounds really good, im not a lover of choc so i fink i wud give the orginal one a go if it has good feedback!!

its lush and to me tasted like bread pud.

WEETABIX CAKE for beki.

Serves 12/
Syns per serving 3.5 on both choices.

Ingredients:-
2 weetabix
113g/4oz sultanas
142ml/5floz skimmed milk
142ml/5floz water
113g/4oz self raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
14g/1/2 oz artificial sweetner (the lady that did ours used more sweetner not sure how much tho sorry)
1 egg beaten

method:-

preheat oven to 180C, 350F or gas mark 4
put weetabix and sultanas in a bowl, pour milk and water over the top and leave to soak up the liquid
Stir in the flour mixed spice sweetner and beaton egg.
Spoon mixture into a 454g (1lb) lined/nonstick loaf tin and back in the pre heated oven for 1 3/4 hours until cooked.
cool on a wire rack before serving and cut into 12 pieces.

x

Im so gonna be trying these! x

Back