Did anyone else have trouble adjusting to SW?

Snozzberry

I rejoined a week and a half ago and lost 1/2lb on my first week. I know this is because of my willpower issues, even in my first week I couldn't stick to it 100% lol. I have had a few moments this week where I have sod it moments, but it's getting better.

I am hoping it is an adjustment thing and when I get properly into the swing I will be more likely to stick to the plan. I'm just wondering if I'm alone?

Hi i am exactly like you. I rejoined sw and have so far not had a 100% week in my three weeks. My consultant told me it was a common prob second time around and to take each day as it comes x So far my 1st 2 week losses were good but my last week was appalling so everything is catching up. On the plus size i am trying and if i wasnt on sw i would probaby be nearing 18 stones instead of the weight i am so that encourages me along x Also try having a word with your consultant about this and maybe she might give you motivation x

:rolleyes:I dont mean to sound smug but i find Slimming World the easiest thing ive ever done and ive done everything!! I think for me it was beacuse i was in the right frame of mind when i started, also i planned alot and hit exercise straight away so i saw results really quickly.

I hit a mini target in March and have maintained since then so i know for me i have made a life change, im now back on it again to shift the last 2 stone and im finding it great again this week.

Dont be disheartened, you will get into the swing of things in no time and really start to enjoy the plan and food :D

Oh yes I am. In fact I have not managed a whole week of SW yet.

I am an ex ww and to be honest am quite bemused by some of the things I am restricted on (like just 28g of porridge) and some of the things I am allowed (like low fat super noodles, mug shots etc).

I need to clear my mind and get some sticking power and stop comparing it to WW I guess.

Thanks ladies. I guess that's it, even if I'm not sticking to it 100% just yet, I am at least aware of it and reigning it in slowly. Between leaving WW about a month ago and joining SW I put on half a stone through just not caring what went into my mouth.

Juliet, I was exactly the same the first time I joined SW. It was right on the back of 2 years at WW and I couldn't separate points from syns in my head and I was horrified that something that was okayish on WW would nearly wipe out my days syns.

I've always been a calorie counter and once I got my head round it and chilled out with it I was fine. I'd alwasy avoided it in the past because I thought "No way" - the old calorie counting always creeping in. I looked into the food combining that the diet is based on though and it made much more sense.

The only "pressure" I feel is the amazing losses some people have - I just feel deflated and think - how? What are they doing that I'm not doing? But then I think - look you're losing weight albeit slowly, you feel great and your NOT HUNGRY. I just try not to think about it and just get on.

People losing large amounts of weight on this makes it almost a norm...but slowly slowly catchy monkey...and I have to be happy with that and oddly - I am.

Last edited:
I love sw , however this is my second time with sw. The first time I gave up easily cos I could not get my head round all the food I could eat cos I had previously been with ww.

:rolleyes:I dont mean to sound smug but i find Slimming World the easiest thing ive ever done and ive done everything!! I think for me it was beacuse i was in the right frame of mind when i started, also i planned alot and hit exercise straight away so i saw results really quickly.

I hit a mini target in March and have maintained since then so i know for me i have made a life change, im now back on it again to shift the last 2 stone and im finding it great again this week.

Dont be disheartened, you will get into the swing of things in no time and really start to enjoy the plan and food :D
Again, I endorse this 100%.

I found it an absolute breeze and simply cannot believe some of the things you can have as long as it is part of the allowance, optimising is the key, i.e. not mixing certain types.

People I work with cannot believe the amount I can eat, but it is all healthy.

Perhaps it was because it concentrated on what you CAN have rather than forbidden foods.

Works for me;)

Steve

Soz to hi-jack .... But crikey Steve .... you`ve done blooming excellent !!!!! Well done that man **round of applause** :D

Back on topic now Snozz ..... I`ve tried to make sure i have plenty of "nice" things in for snacking on, it`s a good place to start ... Free yogs, choccy highlights etc, so i can have plenty and not feel like i`m being deprived of anything. Look round this site, in the syns bit as well as the recipes and make a list of things you *can* have (and will enjoy) .... Then get into the eating and enjoying part of the plan ... the weight will be falling off again in nooo time at all x x

I think I definately need to concentrate on what I can eat as opposed to what I can't.

I know I need to do something other than ww as its not helping me to eat healthy (it used to and I lost loads of weight) - but its very difficult for me to ditch what to me is a bit of a comfort blanket.

I have very low confidence and self esteem at the moment and swapping to a plan which I can't really get my head around is hard, hence me dithering every week.

Thanks again everyone. Yes I think you're all right about concentrating on what you can have and I think I need to have a good look at syns because currently I think I'm concentrating too much on free stuff and not thinking about what low syn treats I could have in the house too.

On the plus side I am now treating everyday as a fresh start. Even last week I was still in the 'I've messed up might as well write off the rest of the week' mindset and it needs to stop. I need to start treating every day as my new day so whether yesterday went well or not, it doesn't affect today.

I rejoined a week and a half ago and lost 1/2lb on my first week. I know this is because of my willpower issues, even in my first week I couldn't stick to it 100% lol. I have had a few moments this week where I have sod it moments, but it's getting better.

I am hoping it is an adjustment thing and when I get properly into the swing I will be more likely to stick to the plan. I'm just wondering if I'm alone?

Hey Hun
Well done on joining, this is the first big step to success :)
Sometimes it takes time for us to adjust to the plan, for me it was about changing old habits and getting into new ones.
I never used to eat breakfast so did struggle a bit at first to start introducing it into my sw plan.
As the weeks go on you will find it becomes easier and also once you know the plan abit better too.

Sw is definetly the best plan out there, It is so much easier to stick with than other diets out there.

Good luck in your journey.
Stacey xxx

Soz to hi-jack .... But crikey Steve .... you`ve done blooming excellent !!!!! Well done that man **round of applause** :D

Back on topic now Snozz ..... I`ve tried to make sure i have plenty of "nice" things in for snacking on, it`s a good place to start ... Free yogs, choccy highlights etc, so i can have plenty and not feel like i`m being deprived of anything. Look round this site, in the syns bit as well as the recipes and make a list of things you *can* have (and will enjoy) .... Then get into the eating and enjoying part of the plan ... the weight will be falling off again in nooo time at all x x

Hi Daisy! great to hear from you - its been a while and not seen your posts for a while:) I got to target to - and then went to Florida:eek:

Back to Snozzberry, just read the book from cover-to-cover and really keep diaries and write everything down.

I've done this for ages and I still write down every singe day what I have, syns, HEX's, drinks etc.

Apart from when I went to Florida as there wasn't enough paper in the entire state for that list:eek:

Back