Did anyone else sabotage their 1st week ?

Ally36

Hi all , back on SW this week after previously losing 3 stones a few years back but it's all back on now and a few extra lbs too :mad:
I feel like I have made my 1st week back so much harder as I knew last week that I was going to restart so stuffed myself with anything and everything ! I actually ate more rubbish last week than I would do in a 'normal' week , I know I shouldn't but I have weighed myself this morning and I weigh 1.5lb more than Monday , weighed myself at the same time etc.
It has to be all the crap I ate last week !
I have been 100% this week but it's going to be a disappointing weigh in on Monday:mad::mad:

Did anyone else do this ? And how long did it take for the extra rubbish food pre SW to stop making it's way to my hips !!:D:confused:

Alison x

I did pretty much EXACTLY this. I had chippy, indian, big bags of crisps etc... because I knew I was starting on Monday. I have done a couple of sneaky weigh-ins this week, and wish I hadn't :(

Let's both keep our fingers crossed for Monday :)

I did pretty much EXACTLY this. I had chippy, indian, big bags of crisps etc... because I knew I was starting on Monday. I have done a couple of sneaky weigh-ins this week, and wish I hadn't :(

Let's both keep our fingers crossed for Monday :)

Glad it's just not me then :D:D
Good luck for Monday !!

I think everyone has a bit of a "last treat" before starting. I have started a few times so this time i knew i was starting and i gave myself two weeks. One week for eating crap, one week eating sensible then i started as new. You have done it before though so you can do it again! But this time definitely stay as a target member and don't let it creep back on again. Good luck!

I didn't!

I promised myself a treat when I lost three stone (halfway), next week I'm gonna have it!

fail to plan, plan to fail

what you should have done is throw all the bad stuff away, stocked up on the good stuff, planned at least the first three weeks meal plans, including your social diary, head off the pitfalls before you started, tell everyone till you are blue in the face that you are this time gonna do it! Then DO IT!

and put on your calendar your three week loss goal - 7lbs should be sensible from a get-go

sorry girls, I only do tough love!

good luck

I had like a last supper the night before my first session! It has to be done I feel :) Don't worry about it, just stick to the plan now and all will work out as it's meant to.xx

I had a bad month before I joined. I decided as a new years resolution to join SW but decided to start in Feb cos I had other things to do first. So all through Jan I kept treating myself thinking oh I wont get to do this again. It was horrific!!
But my C did say that if you join and have been healthy eating prior to SW your first few losses wont be so massive because your body is used to it, but if your body is used to eating rubbish then you suddenly switch to SW you tend to get much bigger first week losses...Not sure if its true tho

I just started SW today after first group last night - for the last 3 days I have been visiting the bakers daily stocking up on cakes and donuts and having croissants with clotted cream and jam for lunch! I know I'll probably gain this week and I'm prepared for it. Im gonna make sure I go gym at least 3 times and not have my full allowance of syns every day

I had a bad month before I joined. I decided as a new years resolution to join SW but decided to start in Feb cos I had other things to do first. So all through Jan I kept treating myself thinking oh I wont get to do this again. It was horrific!!
But my C did say that if you join and have been healthy eating prior to SW your first few losses wont be so massive because your body is used to it, but if your body is used to eating rubbish then you suddenly switch to SW you tend to get much bigger first week losses...Not sure if its true tho

Yeah I had been doing a healthy eating plan through my doctors for about 3 weeks before I joined slimming world, first loss was 3.5 second loss was 4.5 I did have 6 stone 10 pounds to lose ( 5 stone 9 now wooo!) To get to the target that I will feel comfortable at (who knows I might hit that sooner than I think and lower it!) So I believe if I had been eating rubbish for those 3 weeks before I joined, I'd have had a massive loss that first and second week!

Back