Did anyone feel embarrassed to restart?

Lucky~Star

I did CD SS last November but ended up giving up on it when I was only losing around 2 or 3 lbs each week. I felt really guilty that I was spending this money on the diet when I thought I could lose that amount each week just by upping the exercise and cutting down the food.

Well, I was wrong....

I'm now kicking myself because if I'd stuck at it, even losing those small amounts each week, I'd be at target now but because I gave up i'm no where!

I want to start back but i'm feeling really sheepish about it, did anyone else feel this way when they started back?

:break_diet:

Hey Lucky star...
There are very few people who have done CD without any blips...
Your CDC will understand and your not the fisrt nor will you be the last returner she will see :O)
Dont beat yourself up, yea its a bit embarrassing, but that will last a minute or so, as soon as your in the door, you will be glad you went back :D
Good luck on your journey;)

I gone back to my CD she was absoulutly fantastic, remember most of us fall at some point or another the trick is get up, dust yourself up and keep going.
Good luck don't judge yourself by what you haven't achived but start today judging yourself by what you will achive from today onwards.
Don't give up.
XXX

I did, I lost 3 stone in 2006/7 before my wedding and then since getting married i've piled the weight back on and hate myself for it. I nearly went to another CDC alot further away because I was so embarressed i'd put all the weight plus more back on but I finally bit the bullett and emailed her and got a lovely response and i've been to see her today and am back on it and feel so much more positive about myself for doing it. Please don't let your confidence stop you from going back, just think of all the positives about losing weight and make that first step to a healthier you.

Hiya,
i keep thinking the same way it costs alot to do cd and even more when you need aam, i am on long term sick so it is very hard when on low money but my husband has told me to carry on cd as i have tried other diets before with it working so think of the good side of the diet and your on a winner
good luck
maria x x

Hi,
Don't be embarrassed about going back, after all your CDC should know what its like or they wouldn't be a CDC!!!
They too must have had ups and downs and yo yo'd on diets etc
My CDC said it took her 15yrs of stopping and starting diets until she finally said enoughs enough she then lost 9st in 9 months and was CD slimmer of the year 2007!!
Jackie x

I have followed cd for 6 weeks, then couldn;t get out to her because of the snow, felt like pants and said no more, going to follow low cal/low carb, well after 2 days I emailed her to get an appointment!! I really missed cd!! I re-start on Monday lol, I did feel embrassed as I said don't wont to follow then, I am liek ahhh I need it again!!!

we can do this

I feel embarrassed and also to be honest mine wasnt that supportive? Would just laugh when i hadnt lost... so trying to find another one in the area. One I called up I couldnt understand a word she said so just waiting for another one to call and then I will bite the bullet and text my old one if this one is weird. I cant start yet as all our money is accounted for this month but will be starting on my birthday!!!! 21st MArch! What a great day to start! lol

Your old CDC sounds like a nightmare!!! Laughing is never ever acceptable!!

I hope you find a good'un!

I was too embarassed to restart with my old one plus even though she said she would see clients one on one most of the time is was about 6 of us in a room each watching the others get weighed, in order to have a private weigh in I had to wait around for ages!! It was less private than weightwatchers at least there the leader doesn't shout out your loss/gain!

I am currently with a guy who delivers and only weighs you once a month not sure if it will work for me but if not the search will continue!

I feel embarrassed about restarting. I lost 28lbs last time but have put 16 back on in the past 10 months through bingeing and stress. 8lb was over Christmas and after that I felt too awful to try! But now my life's getting back on track and I am determined to blast off that regain. I had problems with my old CDC too: she was nice but her house was always full of family and her daughter, who was really skinny, used to talk her baby about 'Gran's with the fat lady'. Made me feel great!

I feel embarrassed about restarting. I lost 28lbs last time but have put 16 back on in the past 10 months through bingeing and stress. 8lb was over Christmas and after that I felt too awful to try! But now my life's getting back on track and I am determined to blast off that regain. I had problems with my old CDC too: she was nice but her house was always full of family and her daughter, who was really skinny, used to talk her baby about 'Gran's with the fat lady'. Made me feel great!

grr did you not report the cdc! I would of

OMG that's a disgrace of the CDC's family.. :( :( I'd have reported her too and changed CDC!!

I'm a re-starter after gaining weight back that I lost on CD. Can't say I was happy to be in that position and I did try to lose weight on my own.. because it's what we ultimately want I guess.. but I can't do it and had to admit that I couldn't do it.. I know that CD works.. that I did well last time but stopped for a silly reason, so here I am :) Fighting fit and ready to do battle with my bulge! :D The sooner you get back to your CD the better.. you'll feel great once you start shifting the weight :)

I'm back on CD again. I was nearly at target last time & now I'm 5st heavier & trudging back down the road again:cry::cry: I really need to do it this time as I have a hysterectomy in 2 months.

Well come back, and since you know that the CD works, in no time at all you will be back to your old self......

I've tried to restart several times. This is the first time I feel like I'm getting somewhere tho. Day 5 and nothing else has passed my lips. Wavering a bit now tho! :-(

Back