Did anyone gain w1

blonde8

I'm frightened of switching from sw to Atkins In fear of gaining! It's very high fat and that worries me!did anyone gain first week?x

If you are really that worried you will be getting yourself too stressed out to do well on any diet.

Unfortunately there is no rule book that makes everyone the same. Some people drop a massive amount of weight and some drop a little bit. Everyone is different and we all didn't put on weight overnight so its not really going to come off overnight either!

The fat is the important part of this diet as it is what the body will start to use as fuel when it has used up its glucose stores. It is believed that the combination of FAT and CARB is what makes some gain weight.

IF you do want to try Atkins, follow Jim's sticky at the top and stick to it clean and green (meat, leafy greens, limited cheese etc)for two weeks and see how you go. In those two weeks you will likely get a good feeling of what your body responds well to.

Either way, whats two weeks in the grand scheme of things! :)

Yes, I wouldn't look on Atkins as a quick fix, it's more a long term life style for me. I can understand your concerns over fat and stuff, but my Dr is happy with my annual medicals and so am I.

Back