did anyone get access skin?

jennyc

Silver Member
hey guys
has anyone got access skin from dramatic weightloss?if so any tips on how to avoid it?is there oils or something.
ps.tried the flapjacks,ROTTEN,never again.
xjx

lol you will get used to th FJ's

Hi Jenny....I only had 3 stones to lose so my skin as sprung back thankfully! It all depends on how much you have to lose and genes I think hun. Some save up whilst doing LT just in case so they can have the op to have it removed. Hopefully you'll be lucky like me.xx

If you do toning exercise and drink enough water this does help prevent it i have read x

Just found this for you xxx
Weight Loss & Excess Skin

DEALING WITH EXCESS SKIN

fat_vrs_muscle.jpg

During weight loss there's a risk that your skin won't be able to keep up with your shrinking body mass, resulting in excess, 'baggy-looking skin'. This especially true if you were dangerously overweight before embarking on your diet. Here are tips to ensure you get the figure you deserve:
Why won't my skin tighten up?

How much your skin will tighten up following weight loss, depends on many factors such as:
  • your age
  • for how long and how much the skin was stretched
  • how much weight you lost (and to some degree how fast you lost it)
  • the amount of elastin in your skin
  • genetics
Body composition

To eliminate the droopy appearance of the remnants of excess body fat following weight loss, without resorting to surgical procedures, you must change your body composition, not just lose bodyweight. This means paying particular attention to the ratio of your body fat to lean body mass.
By gaining muscle you can replace some of those lost pounds of body fat and prevent the loss of lean body mass while dieting - this will dramatically improve your appearance. So, if you aren't doing resistance training (machines, free weights, cables, bodyweight) and core training (swiss ball and bodyweight exercises) you should start straightaway!
Other top tips

• Use good nutrition to lose weight gradually, allowing tissue to adapt
  • Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated for tissue health
  • Exfoliate daily in the shower. The outer layer of your skin is made up of old, dried, dead cells. Your skin is a pretty low-maintenance and takes care of the removal of dead skin cells on its own. However, as you get older this process of natural exfoliation begins to slow down. Exfoliating will help the skins circulation and the balance of skin growth.
Last resort

For some people it may be difficult - if not impossible - to remove skin sagging through normal exercise or dieting. If you are young enough, the loose skin may regain some of it's elasticity in time. If you are older (and overweight for a long time prior to losing weight) the loose skin is likely to remain. This may mean that you should consider other solutions such as surgery, but only as a last resort. The body is incredible at adapting if properly treated, so try the guidelines and you should get the right results.
resource directory

oh god no:eek:lol
i love food but christ that was just wrong on so many levals.hahah
think im gonna invest in one of those slederton badboys.how much are they?
xjx
You might be able to get em cheaper on EBAY...... but from slender tone i bought my shorts for 79.99 free delivery and the belts are going on ebay for about 35 squid.... xx

Hi Jenny....I only had 3 stones to lose so my skin as sprung back thankfully! It all depends on how much you have to lose and genes I think hun. Some save up whilst doing LT just in case so they can have the op to have it removed. Hopefully you'll be lucky like me.xx
thanks shaz
unfortuanatly i have another5 stone to loose im 16.12 at the minute,so thats why am a bit ancious about the floppy skin thing,iv also been fat for 10 years now,so iv a feeling i might get the deflated ballon syndrome
xjx

Hi Jen i have a little excess skin on my boobs thats about is really and i have had a baby too (lots of expressing milk lol)! I reckon toning exercises will really help, they helped me xxx

Hi Jen i have a little excess skin on my boobs thats about is really and i have had a baby too (lots of expressing milk lol)! I reckon toning exercises will really help, they helped me xxx
thanks hon,do ye think the salsa s enough or will i actually have to lug this body about:plol
was gonna get the slendertone the girls wereon about,i know im queen lazy,but i dont think those shorts would fit me:eek:

i bought this leg magic machine its murder really hurts the legs but wil give it one more chance or to the dump with it:):character00238:

Salsa will be great babe! I did lots of sit ups and crunches for the tum xx

Salsa will be great babe! I did lots of sit ups and crunches for the tum xx

good plan.mite as well put tha pilates ball to use,its a coat hanger at the moment lol,i could actually open a gym with all the equiptment i have.need to get motivated:happy036:
have to get down another stone by end of may for my hols :D

Very possibel hun! Can i come to salsa with you?? You know the reasons lol x

Hahahaha were you not taught to share hun! lol x

oh i'd love to do salsa

Me too, bet its fab xx

Pole dancing sounds fab too!!!

NOT POLE DANCING ......................AGAIN! X

Im defo trying that lol x

Back