Did something crazy last night

Christovee

So Wednesday night is my usual night in. My rest in the middle of the week if you will.

Normally I would get a few things done then settle down with a film and something yummy to eat. Yesterday, I was bored and desperately craving the 'rush' that eating something gives.

What else can I do to replace that 'feel good' factor that food usually gives me? I know, I'll get out the exercise bike.

So out it comes, and I set it to fat-burning mode for twenty minutes. After ten minutes I couldn't carry on, I'm so bloody unfit! So with my heart pounding I literally have to drag my poor legs up the stairs with the aid of the banister and have a nice relaxing bath.

Half an hour later I'm feeling much better. My mood has improved, the cravings are gone and I settle down to watch a bit of TV with a chocolate shake.

Why was this so crazy? (well apart from nearly killing myself on the bike). Choosing to do exercise is completely unlike me but I saw it as my only option to help myself carry on and have a nice evening. I'm proud of myself for this. While I'm not going to commit to going on the damn thing everyday I will definitely turn to it in the future when I have the urge for 'Giant Burger'*. Hopefully I will gradually be able to increase my time on the bike and find it more comfortable too which will help with my weight loss.

It's my first week weigh-iin tonight and I'm v.excited. Wish me luck.:)

Well done Chris on the excerise...don't overdo it though as you are on so few cals...every other day for 10mins is enough at the mo. gradualy increase over time.

Goodluck with your weigh in, let us know how you get on

A fantastic reward for yourself! I bet it made you feel better than any snack could have done too! Well done you!

Good luck with your weigh in - let us know how you got on!

Back