Did you celebrate when you reached target?

Going2be*fab*at40

Silver Member
...and if so, how?

I'm hoping to reach target in the next few weeks and have been thinking about if and how to celebrate. :)

I'd like to mark the event in someway - it has been an emotional and physical journey for me.

Just looking for some inspiration - thank-you. x

I gave myself a tattoo on my new tummy. No one sees it but me and its beautiful .. (theres a picky in my albums) :) xx

I did, but only because I reached target on 23rd December, so had Christmas to go through. I got to one pound below target and put that pound on, but it soon came off.

I mainly celebrated, and still celebrate by buying clothes! I am a charity shop fan, and seldom walk past without going in to see what they have new!

IMO, celebrating too much with food is not really a good thing as it's the path to square one!

Lovely tattoo Fernxx - you look fantastic! I'm not sure that at my 'advanced' age that it would look so good! DH may think differently though, so will run it past him!!

Agree Malaika - I've kind of dismissed that idea, although I do quite fancy the thought of getting in a baby-sitter and disappearing off to the pub for an hour or so....
I love charity shops too - I've developped a reputation for rummaging! I've had to buy a complete new wardrobe and it has been mostly from charity shops and ebay!!!!

I dont think having a bad night off is a bad idea.. but only if you feel safe! It can be a slippery slope into the path of ' now im at target i can eat what i want' .. thats most deffinatly not the place.. but what about a celebratory meal? xxx

Agree Malaika - I've kind of dismissed that idea, although I do quite fancy the thought of getting in a baby-sitter and disappearing off to the pub for an hour or so....

Oh, I'd say go for it!
That would be fun.... I go to our pub quite regularly, and love the break... :)

If I had a tattoo my hubby would kill me :D
He hates them with a passion.... and our one son has gone overkill with them...he almost turns green when he sees them :D:D

I wouldn't mind a tiny little one, but I value my life LOL

oohhh! I'm getting all excited now!
We haven't had a night on our own for months :-D

I know that I need to be really careful - I've still got my 40th coming up in July as one reason alone - but I do like the idea of doing something different to mark the occaision.

Thanks for your ideas - this site and your input has been amazing!! xx

If I had a tattoo my hubby would kill me :D
He hates them with a passion.... and our one son has gone overkill with them...he almost turns green when he sees them :D:D

I wouldn't mind a tiny little one, but I value my life LOL

lol - poor you! I definitely think that they're a love/hate thing. x

Iv got four, far too many for my tender age lol.. they are addictive.. all but one are completly hidden the majority of the time, which im glad of, even though i love them all :)

i wont have anymore, i dont think! lol

Iv got four, far too many for my tender age lol.. they are addictive.. all but one are completly hidden the majority of the time, which im glad of, even though i love them all :)

i wont have anymore, i dont think! lol

What's the bet you have more? ;)
My son had one on his shoulder, then another down his back, and said no more, then he did part of his one arm, then said no more but he completed it and now is talking about the other arm! :(
I agree it must be addictive.... just as well I won't do any as I have such an addictive personality :D:D

I had a piercing :D

Oh I think you thoroughly deserve a night out - great idea!!

I am just about at target - I was thinking of taking it this week - I have lost 3 stone 9.5lbs & at 10 stone 5.5 now, but we go on holiday a week on Saturday to France for 10 days so think I will wait till I have rectified my impending gain!!! :p

My husband has promised me a pandora charm bracelet so I am looking forward to getting that when I come home with the news I have taken target!!

Fern - I have just looked through your album & OMGosh what an amazing transformation!!! whit whooooo lady :D

Oh I think you thoroughly deserve a night out - great idea!!

I am just about at target - I was thinking of taking it this week - I have lost 3 stone 9.5lbs & at 10 stone 5.5 now, but we go on holiday a week on Saturday to France for 10 days so think I will wait till I have rectified my impending gain!!! :p

My husband has promised me a pandora charm bracelet so I am looking forward to getting that when I come home with the news I have taken target!!

Sounds like a sensible plan!! And a great idea for a reward! Hope that you have a fab holiday :D
My husband has got me a diamond eternity ring for my b'day, so I can hardly ask for more :p

Angie - wow!!! Now that is very brave - I'd be far too worried about pain!!!

I celebrated the week before target by getting my bellybutton pierced lol :) then on the day, I was so emotional :) had my syn free tea when I got back from WI though.. such a party animal.. not ;) x

I'm contemplating a tatoo - goodness knows what or where though - but have to be something to signify where i've come from to where i've gotten to.

the main thing though to celebrate the weight loss and getting to target (well when i get there) - is the parachute jump on the 31st July to benefit the NSPCC (which of course also happens to be Slimming World's chosen charity for 2010 so felt it was right to raise money for them at the same time as celebrating the weight loss - see sig file if you would like to donate at all). Being non-adventerous and scared of heights - this is going to prove to be a once in a life time experience i'm sure.

I'm contemplating a tatoo - goodness knows what or where though - but have to be something to signify where i've come from to where i've gotten to.

Me too. Can't afford it at the moment, but I'll be getting it as soon as I feasibly can.

I'm having a dragonfly, which is a symbol of transformation. A few weeks before I suddenly found the determination to start this 18-month journey, I had a dream where I was pursuing a woman who looked like a small version of myself, who ascended up into the air and transformed into a dragonfly.

All along the way I've had the regular company of dragonflies - the real ones in summer, pictures of them popping up, things like that. On a low day once, when I was feeling as if I wasn't ever going to get to a normal size, I went into work as usual and the first two customers I served were both wearing dragonfly brooches. :)

So, that's my personal symbol, it means a lot to me and seems a very appropriate way to celebrate.

Back