Did you Know that .. Random facts and other useless knowledge.

DYKT Slugs have four noses.

So lets hope they are never near that continuous fart lol !!

DYK the gap between your nose and lip is called a filtrum
( I remember this random fact by thinking it filters all the snot in to your mouth)

Fab idea for a thread! I've always loved random facts! :D

Dykt that sober ants will either carry a drunk ant back to its nest, or take it to a puddle of water and throw it in to sober it up! Sounds very much like human behaviour to me, haha! :D:D

Two things here:

1. Who thought of getting ant inebriated and WHY?????

2. How would I recognise a drunken ant (other than if I see one getting a piggy-back) ?

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Two things here:

1. Who thought of getting ant inebriated and WHY?????

2. How would I recognise a drunken ant (other than if I see one getting a piggy-back) ?

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

I believe, if I remember rightly, ants can get drunk on the nectar from flowers, rather than alcohol! I have vague recollections of being told that. I remember there was a rumour that all drunk ants fall over onto their right side (so maybe we can identify them from that! :D:D)

:8855:

DYKT - it's impossible to sneeze in your sleep! .(just this minute been a postscript on 'Curious & Unusual Deaths - Crime Channel)

thats as cruel as the s in lisp :(

imagine the poor doctor trying to tell the patient why theyre so frightened of long words! "im afraid you have.... ummm what we call people like you is...ummmm" xxx

Fab idea for a thread! I've always loved random facts! :D

Dykt that sober ants will either carry a drunk ant back to its nest, or take it to a puddle of water and throw it in to sober it up! Sounds very much like human behaviour to me, haha! :D:D

haha ive heard that its because theyre not fit for work in the ant hill thats why they dont let them back in!
xxxx

some phobias are really bad but some make me lol

example.. Dykt.. Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere a duck is watching you :hmm:

some phobias are really bad but some make me lol

example.. Dykt.. Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere a duck is watching you :hmm:

omg ive heard of this before! my neice actually has a fear of all ducks as she thinks theyre watching her lol
xxx

Love this thread, I love useless information!! :D

DYKT...In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes, the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase, "Goodnight, sleep tight".

Back