Did you Know that .. Random facts and other useless knowledge.

DYKT the estimated number of atoms in an adult human body weighing 70kg is:

7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!

Of this number, approx 2/3 is Hydrogen, 1/4 is Oxygen and 1/10 is Carbon (these 3 elements make up about 99% of the human body)

Dykt .. Honey does not spoil, honey found in the Egyptian tombs has been found edible. Makes you wonder why there is a best before date on the bottle ?

Malc-D said:
Dykt .. Honey does not spoil, honey found in the Egyptian tombs has been found edible. Makes you wonder why there is a best before date on the bottle ?

Who tried it?? :)

no idea, but they must be very brave..
did a search on the net and found that modern honey goes thru a process, and while it doesn't go off it will crystalise slightly over time, hence the best before date

If you warm it up it, the crystals go, and you have your runny honey again.

Dykt .. in 1896 the first medical xray was taken in liverpool of a child that had been shot in the wrist.

i have tons of liverpool facts, so i'll post them if anyones intrested

Malc-D said:
Dykt .. in 1896 the first medical xray was taken in liverpool of a child that had been shot in the wrist.

i have tons of liverpool facts, so i'll post them if anyones intrested

Yes please ta laa xx lol

Dykt .. in 1758 Liverpool built 'the Lyceum' ( bank near central station), the worlds first public lending library

and

in 1865 the last official lowering of the American Confederate flag was in the River Mersey when the CSS Shenandoah was handed over to Captain Payton of the Royal Navy.

also, the worlds only confederate states of america consulate was located in liverpool (5 min walk from town hall) as well as a united states of america consulate. (in liverpool one, near the jamie oliver resteraunt .. big golden eagle above the door)

Malc-D said:
Dykt .. in 1758 Liverpool built 'the Lyceum' ( bank near central station), the worlds first public lending library

and

in 1865 the last official lowering of the American Confederate flag was in the River Mersey when the CSS Shenandoah was handed over to Captain Payton of the Royal Navy.

also, the worlds only confederate states of america consulate was located in liverpool (5 min walk from town hall) as well as a united states of america consulate. (in liverpool one, near the jamie oliver resteraunt .. big golden eagle above the door)

Should of said "go ead then!!"
Have seen the one by Jamie Olivers,keep them coming

DYKT unless food is mixed with saliva you cannot taste it.

DYKT if you try to say the alphabet without moving your lips or tongue every letter will sound the same

youre saying the alphabet aren't you! lol

Back