Did you watch channel4 last night? ( Crash Dieting!)

Hi guys just wanted to post as it was me who was the cd girl - thanks mags for your post in the cd forum, it was really nice. Find it funny about the counsellor as I actually changed straight after that and my new one is amazing. The one on film was a nice lady but after sending me a txt asking how her supersizer was doing, I felt I had to find a new one.

I'm glad there are positive comments here as I've said on the other thread this isn't the normal reaction I've had - in fact quite the opposite :(

Anyway just a quick thanks and although there was a lit more that went on that couldn't be shown I think in the end Cambridge did ok (compared to how they could have been taking in to account what really went on!!!!)

Nic x

Thanks for taking time to read the LL side of the board as well. I watched it last night and thought that you came accross really well. But they did make it sound like you were still doing a lot of excerise which to me when they told you that you had to go on a higher plan, I would have agreed with them. But knowing that you weren't it does seem a little silly. Like you said in the other thread, your trainer tailored your sessions as he knew what diet you were doing.

But well done on the weight loss that you had doing CD and it is a shame that you couldn't carry on. I wish you well in whichever direction you chose to get you where you want to be. You are in an inspiration and I hope the lady that did LL does it as much justice as you have done for CD x x

Hi guys just wanted to post as it was me who was the cd girl - thanks mags for your post in the cd forum, it was really nice. Find it funny about the counsellor as I actually changed straight after that and my new one is amazing. The one on film was a nice lady but after sending me a txt asking how her supersizer was doing, I felt I had to find a new one.

I'm glad there are positive comments here as I've said on the other thread this isn't the normal reaction I've had - in fact quite the opposite :(

Anyway just a quick thanks and although there was a lit more that went on that couldn't be shown I think in the end Cambridge did ok (compared to how they could have been taking in to account what really went on!!!!)

Nic x
Niya Nic...

I haven't seen the CD threads, so can't comment... But as I said earlier on this one, you came across really well...

It's a shame you've not received such postive feedback from other places, but we love you over here, and you're welcome any time! It's always nice to have a proper 'celeb' amongst us anyway... Hehe... ;)

No, seriously Nic, well done, on the tv show, and also on your losses... Take care...

xx

hahaha pinkie - i'm selling my autograph a fiver a time if you're interested lol :) seriously though thanks very much!

and becky - thanks again, that was a really nice reply - I know people won't believe this but the production team really didn't seem out to paint anything in a bad light - they wanted to try and portray the ups and downs - the fact mine turned in to an exercise debate was because that was my journey so hopefully the LL story will be good next week (can't wait to watch without actually cringing every 2 mins!)

Because there is so much that was unsaid and so many nasty comments I decided to put my side of the story on my blog so if you are interested (don't think anyone will be though haha) it is www.cambridgedietblog.co.uk

Thanks Nic x

well done Nic you did great! im off to read your story Thanks x

Hello Nic,
I thought you came across as very genuine. Doing a VLCD is a roller coaster of feeling fab and also feeling emotional. It can be exhilarating and then the next day really down and frustrated.
I know from being on here for a few years that doing a lot of exercise and this type of weight loss regime doesn't work for most people. Your body is using all the calories just to keep going and keep you healthy.
But I am a great believer in everyone doing what they find best for them. I admire you - I could not have done half of that exercise !!!!!!!!!
I could really see the difference after you had lost 2 stone. You looked fresher, happier and prettier as well as slimmer.
Well done you.
Did you get back on the footie team. They seemed like a supportive bunch on the prog.
How are you doing now? I'm glad you've got a good counsellor now.
Good luck for the future.

Thanks ;)
I'd better set a T.V reminder as my brain is mush!!
I'm sure it will give us something to talk about! ;)

I'm just hoping that LL is in the second half of the programme as I'm working until 8 and won't be home until half past!!

Ooh sounds great - what day of the week is it on? D x

Tonight at 8pm!

really am looking forward to watching it tonight :)

I'm just hoping that LL is in the second half of the programme as I'm working until 8 and won't be home until half past!!

If you have sky or freeview etc you could always catch it on Channel4 + 1, that way you can see it all! xxx

i expect it will be portrayed in a negative way.....it will be fun to see .... so many people cant be wrong about LL, they should visit the forum and read all of the amazing stories and progress updates!!!

Tonights programme has annoyed me. They didn't mention the counselling, the elimination diet seems good but he was a man, and bigger than the women so he was going to lose more.

Still, it was conveyed in a positive light.

I dont think LL came off too badly, although the entire program was slightly dismissive of crash dieting in general. I am however annoyed that there was no real mention of the councilling, which as we all know is one of the most important parts of the program. Also that they didnt show more LL success stories!! But I think LL came off ok... weird they didnt mention that you go into ketosis on LL, and they did mention it re Dukan.

J
xx

just watching it on c4+1

don't like the presenter woman tho
Daisy x

Back