Did you watch channel4 last night? ( Crash Dieting!)

The doctor is useless, their facts seem screwed up. I know a ton more about the science of it all than her and I am a greetings card designer! What an irritating show, I really don't know how they can compare LL to a 5 day juice 'detox' and a week long elimination diet. What rot lol!
x

LOL I agree!
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but last week was irritating. Esp the 'expert'

eww,

just watching on 4+1 -
really didn't need to see her weeing on the stick, lol!

What really annoys me is they class VLCDs as 'crash diets'. Most of the other diets are just not comparable to a proper VLCD

Exactly Star, and there are far more people who keep the weight off after a vlcd than those who just "crash diet" so to speak, which really is just loosing water and glycogen weight!!

J
xx

OMG! I'm totally irritated by the show tonight! And agree with you all on the points you've made... ridiculous!

Firstly, as Mags said, Diet Doctor? My arse! She is useless, and annoying... I know more about dieting than that silly women! Sheeesh!!

And as for the way they talked about LL... as already said, how can they compare it, and give us results based on 9 days... Jez is spot on, it's not even real weight they've lost! It's glycogen... ridiculous!

Aaaaaaand, how could they not even mention the councelling?! Or the amount of water you need to drink?... or how people do it for 16 weeks or whatever, and then do RTM etc?... It was so vague, it made it look like a faddy, 'don't eat and you'll lose, do it for 9 days only' diet!! Completely wrong! The women didn't look any thinner after losing her 9lbs or whatever it was! She just had her hair straightened!! Lol...

I guess it could have been worse, as right enough, they didn't bad mouth it... but they were so vague, they inadvertently mis-represented it...

Aaanyway, that was all I have to say about that! Lol...

:D xx

The last time I saw that Doctor she was on a sex education programme with Anna Richardson.....so it seems she's a jack of all trades tv doctor. And the head swishing from left to right was really irritating along with the way she spoke to the camera as if the audience are a bunch of idiots!!!

Someone earlier said we probably know more about the science of VLCDs than she does, think she needs to stick to her sex ed shows instead!!

Managed to watch it last night (C4+1) - the only positive was the lady that had maintained for the year - showing it's a change in behaviour not just a crash diet.

That doctor is just terrible to watch - didn't really cover any diet with any great insight. Should have mentioned the counselling side. I'm yet to feel any real benefit from it but I know that it will come. Either that or I'm being effected and I don't realise it.

The one main thing I learned was that Dukan would never ever be for me. Yuk - although fish sticks have their place.

In my view to do it properly they should have compared two similar diets each week - with a longer term view. Doing anything for five or seven days will make you lose weight however it's what you do on day six or eight that makes the difference.

Didn't get a chance to watch last nights show as my computer has been continously blue screening and i had my meeting last night -.- Should get a chance tonight. Hated the presenter on last weeks show and i hate how much the "expert" judges the diet when she hasn't been on it herself. This diet is full of mostly high points (very rarely low). It's a chance to learn more about yourself too, re eating habbits etc. I also dislike that they have classed LL as a "crash diet". Some people have more than just 8lbs to lose :/. So a 7day plan, if you have that much to lose i guess is perfect for you. When you have over 10 stone, well i saw it as my only option to lose weight. LighterLife has taught me so much. I wish more people new about the positive of VLCD's rather than the low points.

Sorry for the post that dragged on :(

xxx

Really want to know how the lady on LL is doing I hope she keeps it up and gets into her dress!
Shame they didnt show the long term... Or even how they looked/weighed a month after, I bet most of them re-gained their weight!

well i will watch it later on 4oD ..first episode was good. interesting to see that they said crash diets in some cases can do more good than harm

...I bet most of them re-gained their weight!
...call me cynical, but I'd say this was almost a stick on certainty...

xx

Yanno ladies, we should write a nice little letter to the lovely Channel 4 people... tell them just how much we bloody know and tell them to let us do the damn programme instead, we could take a couple of us from each diet program (ie dukan, ll, ww, cambridge etc)

We have all dieted many times, tried it all, and we know this stuff!!!

J
xx

Better than some fake doctor who has probably never bloody practiced medicine properly!! lol ok sorry rant over ;P

J
xx

Back