Diet 2.0

Robotica

I just have to take this seriously, I know it gets better and I know it work. Let's do this!

My Story:
I've started a calorie diet in the march of my last year of college, 3 years ago, at 64-68KG, and I was strict on it, every calorie, down to the last grape. I weight my food, and no body could touch it so it doesn't mess up my count. I let go for my birthday but made up for it by not eating for a day or 2 and moving down from 1000 to 500 calories a day for about a week after.
The summer I stopped counting while on holiday but I didn't eat much anymore.
September, moving to uni, I was down from size 12-14 to a 10.
I hardly ate that year, not for the diet, I just never felt hungry, no food tempted me. By january I was a size 8. The last day of uni I weighed 49KG. Size 8 was getting loose.

And that's where it all went down (or up?) hill again.
Went back home for 2 months, my house is like a corner shop with all the snacks, and I let go. By end of July I was going on holiday and all the clothes I bought just a few months ago didn't fit.
October that year I met my current boyfriend who later in the year introduced me to fried food and chicken and chip shops. The dresses I bought that year again didn't fit me my holiday in July.
Now we live together, but we've both lost it with our weight. Am back to 56KG and it's showing.
And my clothes don't fit again. On a side note, as a student, it not easy to keep changing your wardrobe.

I've tried many stupid things to lose weight, mainly smoking. Now am addicted and it's still no good. Am fat and lazy and generally unhealthy.
But I don't wanna spend my life dieting on and off so I plan on reaching my goal this time (46KG or 100lbs whichever comes first lol..) and sticking to it.
And I'm hoping this website will give me the involvement and motivation I once had.

The End.

Um 5"3 or 5"4 I think.. There was some calculator that calculated that I need to be about 101lbs for abs or something x

101lbs is far too light I'm only 5ft 1 an should be at least 115 for my ideal weight x

You think so? Well I suppose if I ever get to the point where am happy, I'd stop. It's not much about a target weight, just go till am happy with my body, I suppose.

It's not about the diet as such, it's about having a better relationship with food, 'not eating for days' doesn't sound healthy hun, 500 calories is way too little, a child eats more, try my fitness pal, it can calculate how many calories you should be on and an ideal weight, and then work meals around that, starving yourself isn't the way forward, that's quite worrying.

Frankie
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know that's no good, eating too little also slows down metabolism or something, which is counterproductive too. Guess I got a bit diet crazy before, food didn't matter anymore, only my body did. I also noticed how weak I'd gotten, to the point where I had trouble opening doors which were too heavy, I'd feel dizzy walking around too much.

But am trying to be healthier too this time, I've started doing some swimming, bought a bike, hoping to see weight lose with more food so I wouldn't have to get drastic.

I think I've had that app before, I'll get it back and try it, thanks :)

As for my diary, well yesterday was a mess. I bought a measuring scale , didn't eat until the evening when I had a bowl of Special K, 173Kcal, still got 827 left, all is good.

Until dinner came around.

Thought I'd treat myself to some speghatti 125g = 453kcal. I made 90 grams, with 71Kcal of sauce, and a small glass mango juice, came up to about 500kcal. Planned on some ice cream after.

Why have I never heard to weigh the Speghatti after it was cooked =|
Came up to 275. Making it about 993kcal estimating, add the sauce that's about 1063kcal.
Damn it.
Plus 3 cups of juice (got thirsty at night) and it's easy to see am way over my 1000 even my max 1,200.
Oh well I'll subtract yesterday's extra from the rest of the week and hopefully still make the 3500kcal a week.

Am too scared to weigh myself :(

40g of dried pasta is 100g cooked :) x

Did not know that lol learn something new. Went ok though, I'm down by 0.6lbs from yesterday so that's good. And I got the fitness pal app, seems very useful :)
Says to eat 1200kcal, but I'll stick to 1000 since I hardly move in a day.

Well done :) just be careful, and eat well so you don't end up keeling over lol pasta is one of those foods I dont have often simply because 40g dry is barely anything that comes in at 160cals, I'd rather have a potato or even better sweet potato they barely have anything in them x

Sad how much food I thought was good, turns out much worse..
Sad how I ate less than my limit yesterday but I didn't lose anything. But oh well at least I haven't gained any yet.

Getting to that stage where the excitement of starting a diet has gone, and I just wanna eat something fat till am too full to move.
But I'll preserve.. I know I'll get to a stage where am used to the diet and stop craving what I can't have anymore..

I don't think that ever happens lol week 4 for me and I'm still wanting KFC haha x

Oh wow, was hoping it would end before that lol during my first diet, after a while I wasn't really fazed with food. I used to sit in the kitchen on my laptop and everyone could eat beside me and I wouldn't give it a second look. Rather than thinking how good that must taste, I would simply think of how fat it is.

Last night the mister was craving a donner kebab, I so nearly gave up and asked him to get me one too, until I looked online, average 1000kcal per one donner, could even go up to 2000kcal :O
The more I realise why I have been gaining so much weight, the more I feel this diet will work wonders :)

Saved 239kcal extra yesterday, and a few the day before that. Think if I save enough, I'll treat myself to a nice dinner at the end of the week :)

That sad moment when you gain a bit of weight on a diet :(
That was yesterday.
That disappointing moment when your the same as you were 2 days ago.
That's today.

But am getting a lot more used to the diet. Lost 2lbs since last Tuesday, and hoping to take off at least another 0.5lbs by tomorrow. 2.5 a week should take me to my goal of 10lbs down by April :)

Am getting a lot more into this diet though, skipping breakfast because there's just not enough calories, yesterday had lunch at 4 worth around 500kcal, by 8 I was Peckish, OH wanting us to eat kebabs, but I preserved and sent him out to eat alone. No more junk in this house.
After half a mango for dinner and some delicious homemade ice-cream, I had less than 200kcal left. That's when OH made some very nice chips with some Tex-Mex dips. I had 2 and no more. And to top it all off, I had water when I was thirsty. Not Sunquick, not ribenna, not guava juice. Water.
More than being proud of weight loss, am proud of resisting urges, of finishing a day within my limit :)

You really need to eat breakfast, If I find I want more cals for later ill have a bowl of strawberries with a low fat yog on top, breakfast kick starts the metabolism x

I find that when I eat breakfast, I get hungrier later. I can go all day without eating, but once I eat I get hungry the rest of the day.

Any idea why that is? Am I eating the wrong breakfasts?
But it's the same when I have a full fried breakfast, pancakes or even cereal..

Them oats so simple are a perfect breakkie, if u feel that u need more fibre, they will fill u up, I usually have cereal, I never skip it tho its most important meal of the day lol I wouldn't bank cals neither, it doesn't really work that way on cal counting, little and often I find works! :) x

I always thought it doesn't matter how I spend my calories, as long as I don't go over in a day. But I'll try it your way, might work better :)

I never eat breakfast and it didn't harm my weightloss.

I also bank my calories so i can have 1 higher calorie day a week but i'm maintaining now.

I would say you may be aiming too low a weight though as i am 5ft nothing and the lowest i should go is 98lbs if i don't want to be considered unhealthy and underweight and you're taller than me.

You will find different people have different opinions. Some say you must have breakfast and some say it makes no difference, some say not to bank calories but others calorie cycle and eat different amount of calories each day to average out over a week, some say eat back exercise calories and some say don't. Some say don't eat heavy after 6pm some say it makes no difference what time you eat. Some say eat 6 small meals a day, some say 3 and some just eat their calories how they like.

I think you get the gist lol

None are right or wrong really, different things work for different people. There are scientific studies for all the opinions above so it can be confusing so you just need to find out what is right for you.

Good luck

Edited to say i don't nit eat breakfast to save calories, i don't eat breakfast as i'm not hungry until lunch time. I still have 3 sort of meals, lunch, dinner and supper of snack type food - squares, wotsits etc with toast. Or light cream cheese on low calorie crackers with yoghurt and fruit. Or rice crackers and cereal bars (lots of other things but would take ages to list lol)

Last edited:
Back