Diet 2.0

Hmm.. I've never really had a way with it as long as I stayed within my limits, days I'd save a lot till the end, days I'd eat in small amounts, and I lost weight regardless.

But I'm excited to try other ways about it, now that I know there are some. You never know, hoping that little difference might be just what I need to get me to where I wanna be :)
Kinda giving me the excitement and motivation of starting a new diet without the dread of being at square 1 hehe :)

Sad part is, I messed up yesterday :(
Was hoping to get over a 2lb loss on my first week, but I drank a lot last night. That took me to just slightly over 1000kcal. And then the post drink hunger kicked in and I pigged out on chips.. In bed. I was already in bed, yet eating chips topped with cheese :(
Only gained 0.2 lbs from yesterday, but I am disappointed in myself for being so piggish.

In other news, my fitness pal has brought to my attention how bad I eat. Last week, my Vitamin A and C intake were under 10% with very low calcium too. It was only when I had a mango that I was able to pump them up a bit. Think I'll be incorporating more fruits into my diet too.

Don't worry too much about the vitamin levels on mfp as a lot of food entries haven't had this info inputted. You could be eating more than you think. I see a lot of entries that just have fat, sat fat, carbs, sodium and sugar inputted.

I take a daily vitamin tablet and as long as I make sure I eat veg, fruit, eggs, oily fish and some red meat I'm ok.

I did get a vitamin B12 defiency and now have to have an injection every 3 months for it but the doctor doesn't know if it was the diet or not as I did eat enough eggs and red meat to do the job (which is why I now have the injections)

Oh swear down. Never noticed that, though I do add some food I eat myself and I only add the calories so shoulda thought of that.
But then I hardly eat fruits and never vegs, and I guess my food is never healthy so I that seemed believable. Kinda dissapointed though..
I've always been known as the laziest around, more than natural, I spend most my day in bed, and feel exhausted and drained out just doing menial chorus around the house. As small as emptying a suit case.

And I've gone much darker since moving out, and feeding myself. Not the sexy tanned kinda dark, the burnt outer shell kinda dark. I blamed it on the sun, but even in months indoors until dark on holiday, and even in body parts I never expose. I was one of the lightest in my family, but now even my cousins back home are lighter skinned than me. My aunties keep blaming it on my diet.

Guess what am saying is, I don't really know about anything besides calories in food, and seeing that suddenly clicked like maybe that's the source of all my problems..

What saddens me is when I don't get support for my diet. I'm happy doing it alone, but I'd like respect for my decision. When friends or family or anyone am talking to berates me, looks at me like am crazy, saying I don't need to diet.

I don't care about weight or bmi all I care about is being happy with my body. I wanna wear nice tops without worrying that they are too tight on my stomach, I wanna be able to go out without hiding my fat.
I was size 14 at 13years and I had always dreamt of being thin. I lost a lot of weight but I'm still stuck with fat blobs all over. I'm so close I can't give up. And I don't wanna waste my youth feeling ugly.

I know a diet is probably not what I really need but until I can get active enough or get into exercise enough to make a difference I feel better knowing am making a difference one lbs at a time, rather than waking up everyday staring at my fat and losing all my self esteem from it.

I respect people have their own opinions, and I know they are just looking out for me or trying to make me feel better.

But when they laugh at me for it, that's just uncalled for and makes me feel worse.

Don't compare me to bigger people who need it more, don't compare me to anorexic people saying I'll end up like them. I am myself, and all that matters is that I'm happy with my body. No one else.

Don't listen to people who laugh , if you are happy with what you are doing and it's safe then carry on, if people are genuinely commenting because they are worried that's different.

dd82 said:
Don't listen to people who laugh , if you are happy with what you are doing and it's safe then carry on, if people are genuinely commenting because they are worried that's different.

Ya I know, it's just frustrating. People that know me enough know I have fat to lose, but those that don't.. Just because I hide it doesn't mean it's not there. What could they possibly gain making me feel silly about myself.

Well this forum has convinced me to try exercise. Not that I started yet, but am going for an aqua circuit class and some swimming today, and gonna do some swimming after my lesson tomorrow too... Annnnd I just ordered a FitBit :D
Hopefully that will get me exercising :)

Also I lost nearly 2lbs since Tuesday, so seeing the diet working is motivating me to do all I can to finally get the body I want :)

I've completely let go for the past week or 2.. I don't know. Had so much work to do, waking up stressed and lazy, spending all night doing work and eating anything around, snacking, take away. Even walking home from uni at midnight and getting burger and chips filled with fat condiments on the way, just before going to sleep.

Sad thinking how I woulda been end of April had I stuck to the diet, I would be nearly finished!
But I've done all most the work now, so I plan to get back on it again!
I'm scared to weigh now, since I had Indian on Saturday and Franky & bennys yesterday to celebrate finishing my project, and am worried about retention.
I had gotten so good at drinking water for a few days, but I stopped that too. Gonna get back to that and move my weekly weigh day to Thursday!

But on the plus side, I got some jeans few months ago that I struggled to get on, and now they fit fine. I can put them on and off without opening the button too, though that is a bit o a struggle.. Kinda cool though :D

Well done you it's nice when you have something you can measure with like a pair of jeans, keep up the water and you will be flying to your goal

Back