Diet and Exercise = ?

Morning Guys,

I'm wanting to know all your experiences with diet and exercise. I've come over from Slimming world as I was struggling with controlling my portion sizes and WW seem a better option. I have now been at it for 3 weeks along side 4 1hour gym sessions a week one being with a personal trainer. I'm a big girl and started at 17 st 7 (disgusting) and i'm really happy with my training but my PT weighed me yesterday and after 3 weeks i'd lost 3 pounds. I was gutted, yes I know it's a loss but i'm working my arse off and am dissapointed. Will it ever come off quicker? I'm getting married in August and wanted to drop a few dress sizes and tone up but I was expecting more with my hard work!:cry:

What kind of exercises are you doing?
For weight loss, cardio is very good.
Treadmills, spinning bikes, cross trainers, kettlebells, aerobics, high intensity interval training, etc are all very good.
With all the training, did you lose any inches?
Most of the time (and I'm sorry to say this cause it's a bit mean), personal trainers have no clue what they are doing and give bad advice imo.

I've found that I have been losing more weight when I have been exercising since new year (last week I was loaded with the cold so didn't do any and I sts). I have been doing fitness and dancing games on my wii as I find it a lot more fun than going to the gym.

Have you found that you have been losing inches instead of pounds? As much as I have lost a good number of pounds over the last few weeks I have found that my clothes are getting baggier.

Sx

Oerba_dia_Vanille said:
What kind of exercises are you doing?
For weight loss, cardio is very good.
Treadmills, spinning bikes, cross trainers, kettlebells, aerobics, high intensity interval training, etc are all very good.
With all the training, did you lose any inches?
Most of the time (and I'm sorry to say this cause it's a bit mean), personal trainers have no clue what they are doing and give bad advice imo.

Cardio is only good at getting you into the fat burning zone not keeping you there. In order to stay in the "zone" you need to alternate between toning and cardio.

Cardio is only good at getting you into the fat burning zone not keeping you there. In order to stay in the "zone" you need to alternate between toning and cardio.

Actually, I disagree on a few points.
Cardio makes your heart rate go up, you need to be at least at 70% of your max heartrate in order to burn fat efficiently.
That is why you want to do cardio when you need to lose fat/weight, because you'll need to stay in that zone for a prolonged time.
There really is no such thing as "toning", that's a myth Bodybuilding.com - The Myth Of TONING!
Muscle definition will only show unless you get down to a low enough bodyfat percentage.
Though it obviously has it's advantages, weight training by itself will not result much in weightloss.
I do agree, that this is where you want to combine the two, but cardio to burn fat is still more important in this stage if you need to lose weight than defining muscle tissue.
For example 1 hour of power training (intensive) will get you 5 points, where as aerobics (intensive) will give you 13 points.

I do 5 days a week 90 mins!

60 cardio! 30 toning/weights!

And I've lost lbs and inches! And my running is improving from strengthening my legs!

I disagree with the above post about PT being rubbish! You just need to find a good one! My OH improved his fitness leaps and bounds since he started with his! He can now run a half marathon

Morning Guys,

I'm wanting to know all your experiences with diet and exercise. I've come over from Slimming world as I was struggling with controlling my portion sizes and WW seem a better option. I have now been at it for 3 weeks along side 4 1hour gym sessions a week one being with a personal trainer. I'm a big girl and started at 17 st 7 (disgusting) and i'm really happy with my training but my PT weighed me yesterday and after 3 weeks i'd lost 3 pounds. I was gutted, yes I know it's a loss but i'm working my arse off and am dissapointed. Will it ever come off quicker? I'm getting married in August and wanted to drop a few dress sizes and tone up but I was expecting more with my hard work!:cry:

I think pt's probably vary. There is a lot of contradicting info out there about diet and exercise and effects etc I think its trying to find what works for us and trying to keep motivated.
Measure the inches as well as the weight on the scales maybe that will have good results

Thanks for all your feedback guys, i'm going to persvere as I'm getting married in August and I want to get my fitness levels up either way. MY PTs one of the good ones, really motivating! I need to up my water levels as when i've stepped by and looked at what I drink all in all its less than a pint of fluids each day!

Keep at it hun - It will come off.

And defo keep your fluids up! I bought a big cup so instead of drinking 8 little ones it's 4 smaller ones - less daunting for me!

Back