Diet coke cake

Hi, i found this recipe on an american ww site

Add 1 can diet coke to cake mix and beat for 2 minutes. Bake in 9 x 13 inch greased (bottom only) pan at 350 degrees for 29-34 mins. Cool, cut into 12 pieces and serve with 2 tbsp. lite whipped cream per slice.

It says you can also use any other diet fizzy drink, use diet coke/drpepper/diet cherry coke for chocolate mix's and diet lemonade/orange for white mix's.
You just point the cake mix and topping if using one.
I have'nt tried this yet but i got a choc and white mix to experiment.
x

I made them last night, I couldn't get the devils food cake so I got the vanilla and chocolate swirl betty crocker one instead, I mixed with 10 fl. oz of diet coke and cooked, they are lovely, I wasn't sure if I would like them but they are so lovely and moist and perfect.
I made a marshmallow frosting to go on top so in total it was 2.5 points a cake with frosting and it made 20 cakes, I can't remember what frosting recipe it was but there are loads online.
I also made the toblerone cookies from the ww site, but instead of 16 at 2 points I made them into 32 at 1 point each, also very yummy.

It comes out very light and fluffy, and is totally delish. It's fun to have different "pairings" of cake mix and soda.

Back