Diet coke chicken

alexisemma31 said:
The recipe I follow (I think I get it off here) includes some chinese 5 spice does noone else add this?

Yes definitely. The 5 spice is in the recipe I have.

I made this last night and could not make my mind up with it, one mouthful was like mmm this is quite nice bbq flavour the next was ewww this is a weird odd flavour I dunno maybe it needs to grow on you

OMG......I finally made diet coke chicken last night..it was fantastic.....kicking myself as to why I left it so long before I made it, went down a real hit in my house, will defo be making it again....cant wait to try the fanta chicken now.....yum yum :)

Ella's mummy 2012 said:
Can't wait to try this although won't be telling them about the coke until its been eaten lol

Definitely. I didn't reveal the secret ingredient until afterwards and nobody in our house guessed. Meant they couldn't turn their noses up at it and refuse it which is what would have happened ;-)

Added a few ingredients to the original recipie to give it a real smokey BBQ kick ! Blinding.

Original Ingreadients
3/4 x Chicken Breasts
1 Can (330ml) Diet Coke
2 Chopped Onions
6 tbsp Passata
Splash of Worcester Sauce
My Extras
2 rashes of smokey bacon , chopped (fat removed)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 Clove garlic , crushed
Few dashes of soy sauce
Lots of black pepper
1 Grated Carrot

Yum Yum !

We have this quite a lot it's very tasty but I prefer the fanta chicken, just the same as sweet n sour.
I'm gunna give the lemon chicken a go this week too.
X

Made Fanta chicken many a time but coke I just don't know
Can anyone describe how it tastes as I'm afraid to try(although been looking at it for months!!)
Just can't imagine what the taste is like

Add some vinegar sweetener and right at the end with the Diet Orangeade and hey presto lovely sweet and sour chicken or pork

Fanta Chicken tonight. Threw in lots of veggies: peppers, mangetout and carrot. It was delicious..definitely making this again.

I make this quite a bit as BF loves it! is actually tonights tea! always fill it out with lots of free/superfree veggies to pack them all in there too! Yum!

Back