Diet coke chicken

I have just made this (the one with the chinese 5 spice) with quorn pieces. It tastes absolutely yummy but didn't go thick or sticky !

Am going to try the recipe of this thread next time.

I found that i had to leave it simmering away for ages for it to get thick.

Oh. My. Goodness! I have this ready for dinner tonight and it is seriously good! I expected a bit of resemblance to coke but it really doesn't at all! Would it be allowed to reduce this down and make a dipping sauce or is that not allowed as its not part of a meal??
Yum!
Liz
X

Hi Anyone know where I can get the recipe for the lemon chicken. Thanks in advance :)

You could always swap the Diet Coke for Fanta Icy Lemon Zero, my local Morrisons does it.

Or I've found this:

4 Chicken Breast, cut into strips1 Onion chopped (or a handful of chopped frozen onions)
1 Garlic clove crushed (or a block of frozen crushed garlic)
2" piece of root ginger finely chopped (or 2tsp of very Lazy Ginger)
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2tbs Soy Sauce
1 330ml can of Fanta Zero Icy lemon
Spray a large pan with Fry light. Fry chicken with onions garlic ginger and lemon zest until chicken is golden. Add remaining ingredients and allow to simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, stir frequently. Serve with fried or boiled rice.

I can't see why u couldn't make it as a dipping sauce as everything in it is free-diet coke passatta etc? X

Ooh thanks!

Liz
X

Think I might try this recipe tomorrow, someone in group told me it's great :)

I did try it, I was told it was kind of BBQ flavour, which mine wasn't, I think I put too much passata in (damn recipes that measure in TBs and not grams) Having said that, it was still lush and would definitely make it again :)

Can diet coke chicken be done in the slow cooker? If so, how long for?

Would like to know this too if anyone does it.

I made fanta chicken, was like soup though, not sticky at all, going to make diet coke today & leave time so I can simmer it for much longer.

I use diet coke/coke zero as a replacement for honey in a lot of recipes and seems to work nicely! Will have to make this!

Back