Diet coke chicken

Smokey Spicy BBQ Coke Chicken

Hi
All i did is take the Diet Coke Chicken recipe and basically added a few ingredients (in bold below). I think it lifts it up to another level , and would happily eat the lot even if i wasn't trying to loose weight.
The result is a sweet smokey sticky BBQ chicken dish with a bit of a kick , GORGEOUS ! Serve it up on a mountain of veg rice and eat the lot , why ? because you can !

Serves 4 ( or 1 hungry dude )

Syn free on Extra Easy and Original

Ingredients:

400g sliced chicken breast
1 Grated Carrot
1 Garlic Clove Crushed
1 onion, diced
330ml can Diet Coke
6 tablespoons passata
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
Half tsp chilli powder , or 1 chopped chilli
Few Dashes of worcestershire sauce
Splash of soy sauce
Fry Light
Salt and lots of black pepper to taste

Method

1. Place the coke and passata in a pan and start to reduce on a high simmer. (Saves time and stops the chicken over cooking)
  2. Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
  3. Add the onion , carrot and garlic and fry steadily until beginning to color and caramelize.
  4. Place the diced chicken in a bowl and add a generousness splash of worcestershire sauce , a splash of soy sause , salt , a good grind of black pepper, the smoked paprika and chilli powder , mix well until well coated.
  5. Add the chicken to the pan and fry till just browning.
  6. Add all the ingredients together and bring to the boil
  7. Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 15 minute

http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/304714-diet-coke-chicken-3.html

Used the same sauce mix last night to make this......................

Pete’s Diet Coke Pork

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 tbsp. Worcester sauce
1x 330g can of Diet Coke
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 Cup of frozen peas (ff)
2 Pork Lions (ff)
4 Medium potatoes cut into wedges (ff)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)

Method

Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce to a high simmer, stir from time to time until the sauce starts to thicken (can take up to 25-30 mins). In the meantime cook the pork lions in a griddle pan turning over from time to time until cooked, remove & place in an oven-proof dish with a wire rack inside. Pour the sauce on one side & place in a hot oven (180c) until the sauce is bubbling, remove from the oven, turn over and using the remaining sauce, coat the other side & return to the oven until done.
In the meantime cut the potatoes into wedges, par-boil for 5 mins, remove, dry, spray with Fry Light & add your favourite seasoning and place in the hot oven for 25-30 mins.
Place the peas in a small pan, pour boiling water over and cook for 5 mins only.
When every item is cooked, plate up.

61044d1345782042-diet-coke-chicken-diet-coke-sauce-small-.jpg

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/288939-diet-coke-chicken.html

[h=2]Diet coke chicken[/h]
Yes i know it sounds weird but i just remembered i used to do it on ww and its LURVELY..... you have to try it to realise how yum it is!

Ingrediants - Chicken, Diet coke and chinese mixed spice

Chop up the chicken and brown the bits in a frying pan with frylight. Add a can of diet coke and a heaped teaspoon of chinese mixed spice and keep stirring and flippin over so that the "sauce" goes really sticky looking. The diet coke will sort of evaporte and leave this sticky thing.
Just make sure you try and get the stickyness onto the chicken as much as poss and serve with sw chips and salad... may have to do this next week!!!
xxx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/74551-diet-coke-chicken.html

Sorry for the caps lock, just copied and pasted from my recipes.
apparently if you like sweet and sour, you replace coke with tango (not tried that ass not a fan)

DIET COKE CHICKEN
1 X CAN OF DIET COKE
6 TBSP OF PASSATA
2 X CHICKEN BREASTS
ONIONS, MUSHROOMS AND PEPPERS
1X TBSP OF WORCESTER SAUCE

COOK ONION, GARLIC AND PEPPERS FOR A COUPLE OF MINS IN FRY LIGHT, THEN ADD THE MUSHROOMS, THINLY SLICE THE CHICKEN BREAST AND FRY UNTIL GOLDEN. MIX THE PASSATA
WORCESTER SAUCE AND CAN OF DIET COKE IN A JUG AND ADD TO THE CHICKEN AND VEG MIX AND REDUCE DOWN TILL ITS LIKE A STICKY SAUCE.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/300777-diet-coke-chicken.html

I hope the above helps:D

I tried this last night. I used the first recipie but added extra cayenne pepper because i like the heat.
I served with the whole rice & mushrooms with some soy, fish sauce, garlic and seasame oil.
It was delicious and made 4 portions. Guess what i'm having for lunch...
x

I must try it myself sometime:)

Probably tastes even nicer today for lunch?

Back