Diet Coke ... FREAKY !

reluctant_whale

Had to share this incase you miss it in my diary ...

Just had a wonderful idea of having a can of Diet Coke to celebrate the end of official induction.

MISTAKE !!!

1) It tasted foul. So sweet I nearly spat it out ... THEN I kept drinking because I am daft like that ...

2) I then started to get serious palpitations and felt as if my airways were restricted .. scary stuff!!!

Needless to say it has gone down the sink! Absolutely incredible how in just 2 short weeks without sweet, fizzy drinks my tastes have changed and I dread to think what is in it (Quak just kindly commented on my diary that it is probably the caffine that caused the palpitations).

WOWEEE ... that stuff packs a punch! Just a little heads up for anyone else that has gone without - your first sip won't be as wonderful as you expect :eek:

ohh i had exactly the same experience as you a few weeks back, drank a whole 500ml bottle of diet coke and i was so ill i felt like i was having a heart attack, it was really horrible. I used to drink nothing else but coke so it came as a shock. I do still like a little coke treat now but i only have literally one mouthful just to taste, learnt my lesson there, never again ;).

Nasty! I only drink caffeine free everything now .....diet coke, tea, coffee....had too many migraines from caffeine :(

I've not had that experience but I have been drinking small amounts of Coke Zero but watered down with loads of ice until it's just coloured water! The other day I had some 'neat' and it tasted far too sugary and yucky. Amazing how your tastes change so quickly.:)

Back