Diet Coke Gammon Joint

peachy7

Silver Member
I've heard about cooking a gammon joint in coke but can't find a recipe for it, can anyone help?! Also I've never cooked a gammon joint before and it's only a half one can anyone help?! Thanks

Would it be similar to this: Diet Coke Chicken | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

I cook a ham in coke every year, from Nigella's book. Recipe is here: HAM IN COCA COLA | Recipes | Nigella Lawson: Nigella Lawson’s official site for recipes, books and latest news

She uses full fat coke so I do too, since you don't eat any of the syrup that's left.

I usually boil my ham up for about 2 hours just to be sure it's cooked. I usually have one that's about £10 worth from the butcher (no idea of weight, sorry). It's pretty easy to cook though.

I just bung mine in the slow cooker with enough diet coke to just cover it, then add a couple of tbs sweetner and 1/2 tsp chinease 5 spice powder and its delish :D

a joint of ham will serve quite a few people, so I think I would be inclined to use the real stuff rather than diet in this instance. Spread out between a few people it wouldn't be many syns and will taste FAR better.

Back