Step 1 Sole Source + Diet coke

Lucy091281

Can someone help me I was told you can't drink diet coke on SS+ it has no sugar ect in it and only half a calories for 250 ml

Lucy i drank it occasionally when i was on it previously and it did not affect my weight loss at all and my consultant told me i could if it was occasional. I would drink it all the time.. If ur following the plan 100% then no only water! Everyone is different tho so id say try it and see if it affects u being in ketosis and if it does then u know not to go ther. U r doin fantastic so keep it up. Im ill at the moment was supposed to be my day one on monday but im so weak right bow so hopefully plannin to start end of the week if im well. Well done with ur loss babe x

Well ladies I did ask today and apparently the reason why is because it has lots of hidden carbs ect in it even though it is sugar free and low calories x

The reason you cant drink diet coke isnt down to carbs/cals. It contains citric acid, taking anything with citric acid can knock you out of ketosis

Some people drink coke zero, its not on plan but it doesnt contain citric acid

Yes it's the Citric acid. I drink coke zero and I'm still in ketosis!

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs

Total 18.5 lbs

The lemon bars also have citric acid in them and we can up 3 of them a day now. Wonder what the difference in the citric acid in coke zero compared to lemon bars is ???

There isn't any citric acid in coke zero but there is in diet. Didn't realise about the lemon bars! Maybe we're allowed a small quantity and diet coke is too much. I've always been told Citric acid is a big nono!

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs

Total 18.5 lbs

My CDC said the same... before I started I used to drink masses of Pepsi Max, like a 2 litre bottle a day xD (Very bad! xD) My CDC said it would probably knock me out of ketosis which is why it wasn't recommended. She said that she has clients who have an occasional glass now and again with no trouble :D I'm not going to ridk it though, i'm a bit all-or-nothing, hehehe :D I'm fine with water at the moment which is awesome, because I was worried i'd not like it! :D Good luck to you :D

Hey, i did this diet a couple of years ago and lost 2stone in 5 weeks. I drank diet coke everyday throughout it too. I think its not advised as carbonated drinks can make u retain water, this will not effect your fat loss, just may temporarily cause bloating and you may not see true results on the scales, i howevet had none of these problems. My old counciler said coke zero is preffered to diet coke....not too sure why

Oh no - I was told I cd have flavoured water and I've been drinking it by the gallon. Just looked and it has citric acid. Not a happy bunny :-(

Weigh day tomorrow but my trousers r definitely loser - saying that - I haven't eaten for a week so wd have been traumatised if they werent!

Back