diet dilemma

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by josiejo1968, 10 January 2010 Social URL.

1. josiejo1968

josiejo1968 going to do it!!!!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    all of them
    hi there,
    i was just wanting some advice please, ive done cd for past week and lost 9lb i stuck to it for 6 out of the 7 days ( i ate on one day loads!!) i think the diet is fab if you can stick to it but having done half hearted attempts at it since august i always end up eating and then piling on weight within days so im back to square 1:(
    ive been reading atkins diet book and just wanted to know what the average weight loss is per week?

i realise that the weight loss will not be as quick as cd but as much as i try cd i can only manage 9 days at the most before i crack then start bingeing !!

i need to do something about my weight and have been considering atkins but im so confused ( and a bit scared that im going to be eating too many cals after being on so few)

a very confused Jo xx

i would love to just find an eating plan that fit in with my life as i have 4 boys ages from 15 down to 2 & half and i want to set them a good example with my eating habits and not have to sit at the table with them whilst they eat and for me to have a drink it doesnt feel right to me .

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Josie, there are quite a few on Atkins here who are ex CD'ers. I'll let one of them answer. For myself, I lost an average of 2lbs per week on induction, I did have a lot to lose though.

4. josiejo1968

josiejo1968 going to do it!!!!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    all of them
    thanks jim,
    i woke up this morning and one of my 2 yr old twin boys got a readymade cd drink out of the cupboard and gave it to me saying 'here mammy your breakfast' it really upset me:( SO, today is the day i start atkins i have to the decision has been taken out of my hands really it was awful when he said that to me!!

i need to go shopping today but i did manage to have what i think is an ok breakfast for induction

3 rashers of bacon
    2 eggs scambled with cream and butter
    5 cherry tomato
    2 cups of decaff coffee(1 with cream)

is this ok??

Jo x

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Yes, I'd go easy on the tomatoes though, especially on induction. Did you read my stickie at the top Josie? It's calles "So you're thinking of starting Atkins"

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.