Diet Doctors

4busybee

Did anyone see this last night? There was a lady on there who had lost alot of weight fairly quickly i think with what looked like the Atkins diet, anyway she had a very saggy tummy and had a tummy tuck done however it went wrong and she got an infection in the scar. It looked hideous and the scar after was pretty bad but she also has 2 lumps left at the side and her belly button looked abit starnge as well, just wonderedif anyone had any expeience of tummy tucks either personally or through someone you know. I really would love to have one done, and am being refered by my GP once i hit 11 st, not too sure if i shall get it done on the NHS but going to try. What do you think do you think its best to have it done privately? Will the result be better? Or do you think its a bad idea to have one done at all? Am starting the gym tomorrow and hope to tone a few bits up but even so i think it would be impossible to tone my tummy up the skin just hangs really. I would love to hear your views before i make a deffo decision.

Love Busy X

Hi Busy I saw that too last night eeewwwwww!I like you would love a tummy tuck after 3 c-sections I need one! lol ! But im scared it will go wrong.
Are you planning to get one done soon?I would try and get one done on the NHS if I was you but thats hard unless you have really good reasons.Sassy had one a little while ago Im sure?
Let me know what you decide?
xxc

I saw it too and it was yukky, but what annoyed me the most was when she said "I would never ever do another faddy VLCD again". She blamed the diet rather than blaming the surgeon/herself/health care staff for the infection or herself for choosing to do a VLCD without having the sense to research it first. It seems it's always the easy option to blame the diet!! :mad:

I saw it too and it was yukky, but what annoyed me the most was when she said "I would never ever do another faddy VLCD again". She blamed the diet rather than blaming the surgeon/herself/health care staff for the infection or herself for choosing to do a VLCD without having the sense to research it first. It seems it's always the easy option to blame the diet!! :mad:

yes I agree it wasnt the diet it was the surgery that caused the problem,its goes to say if you lose 6-7 stone then your likely to have the tummy overhang.........?
xxc

I had a breast reduction on the NHS and couldn't have been happier with the result and would never have got it done otherwise as I certainly couldn't afford £4000. I think the NHS offers just as good a service as private surgery (well, apart from swanky room) if you can get it done. Every operation, whether private or NHS, has a risk of going wrong.

I had a breast reduction on the NHS and couldn't have been happier with the result and would never have got it done otherwise as I certainly couldn't afford £4000. I think the NHS offers just as good a service as private surgery (well, apart from swanky room) if you can get it done. Every operation, whether private or NHS, has a risk of going wrong.

Hi Jubbly how did you get it on the NHS?Im a 38FF and Id like a reduction and tummytuck but thought it was nearly impossible to get it on the NHS??
xxc

Hi Jubbly how did you get it on the NHS?Im a 38FF and Id like a reduction and tummytuck but thought it was nearly impossible to get it on the NHS??
xxc

Hiya. I think it depends on where you live as to how easy it is to get one. I lived at home in Buckinghamshire at the time and got it done at Slough. I was 20, a size 12-14 at the time and had 34GG boobs:eek: . I told them it gave me back pain but I didn't make a big fuss of it, the consultant took one look at me and was happy to do it (I was very lucky compared to some). I was on the waiting list for 13 months. Initially I approached my first doctor who said no way but I hated her anyway so I changed doctors and my second (male) doctor referred me straight away so I think it depends on your doctor's attitude as well. If you need any other info on it, feel free to ask. The only thing they don't really tell you is that they can kind of go bigger again and as I only got fat after the operation (when I finally liked my body for the first time ever) they have gone right back up to a DD/E - obviously nowhere near as big as they were but much bigger than the lovely Cs I came out with:(

Ummmmmmm I really would like my boobs to be where there meant to ! lol
I dont think my Doc would let me have one it was hard enough to get him to sign my LL consent form then I had to pay £15.00 for that :(

Id really love a tummy tuck as 3 c-sections they say is a good enough reason to get one on the NHS..But i'll wait until I get to goal before I go to my Doc.Well done you getting it on the NHS.
xxc

I saw Diet Doctors and thought it was interesting although some of the points made were a bit odd.

I agree with you about the surgery woman's comments: what did doing Atkins have to do with her getting a post-operative infection?

Also, the 26st woman ... when it came to the results of her new regime, the narrator said she'd gone from a size 28 to a size 22.
Was I the only one who thought 'A size 28 at 26st??' I was a size 28 6 months ago at just under 19st.
I know height has a lot to do with it (I'm only 5' 2") but she didn't look very tall. Also, she'd apparantly gone down to a size 22 at 22st: I just found the figures a bit hard to believe.

Having said that, she looked great: much healthier than when she started and I'm not just talking weight - Her hair and skin looked far better too.

It's a thought-provoking programme but a bit 'random' at times.

I saw Diet Doctors and thought it was interesting although some of the points made were a bit odd.

I agree with you about the surgery woman's comments: what did doing Atkins have to do with her getting a post-operative infection?

Also, the 26st woman ... when it came to the results of her new regime, the narrator said she'd gone from a size 28 to a size 22.
Was I the only one who thought 'A size 28 at 26st??' I was a size 28 6 months ago at just under 19st.
I know height has a lot to do with it (I'm only 5' 2") but she didn't look very tall. Also, she'd apparantly gone down to a size 22 at 22st: I just found the figures a bit hard to believe.

Having said that, she looked great: much healthier than when she started and I'm not just talking weight - Her hair and skin looked far better too.

It's a thought-provoking programme but a bit 'random' at times.

Yes I thought that too Im a size 16 and im 14 stone so how can she be 3 sizes bigger than me weighing 8 stone more?
Confused :confused:
She did look better well done her!
xxc

Awwww - I completely forgot to record it.

Mind you I'm terrified about surgery - so probably not a bad idea I missed it! ;)

Kits x

Hi
Russion doll - my thoughts exactly - I said to my son did I look that big in my size 22's????? I was 14st 12, 5ft tall and was in a 22's when I started. I thought the dress size drop didnt add up to the total weight dropped.

The VLCD woman - I dont think it helped that her body was full of toxins from all the fat and protien eaten on the Atkins - at lease with CD/LL/LT its like a mini detox, loads of water and all the nutrients your body needs. Dont think you can class ALL VLCDs with the same brush!! At the end of the day if you are massively over weight - you know there is a risk of sagging skin - we all take that risk to be healthy again. Fat or skin????? Skin for me Im afraid!!

Love
Curly

I always watch this programme, but it never fails to annoy me.

Blaming Atkins for her lose skin. I don't think they said it was a VLCD did they? But anyway....:(

As for the sizing, to be fair, it did seem strange, but there again, I'm often confuddled with this one.

When I was 18.5 stone, I was size 24. Got down to an 18 really quick. Didn't get into the average size 16 until I was in the 11 stone bracket.

Even in the 10 stones, I'm a 14-16. Go figure:confused:

Blaming Atkins for her lose skin. I don't think they said it was a VLCD did they? But anyway....:(

I think they referred to it as a 'very low carb diet' without actually saying the word 'Atkins'!

As for loose skin and implying that it was because she'd lost a lot of weight quickly .... I went to Rosemary Conley and a gym back in 2002 and lost 6st slowly and sensibly over a period of two years. Even then I still had 6st to go and basically lost heart - but anyway ... I have to say that my stomach and upper thighs were every bit as saggy & wrinkled as they are now. Stretched skin is stretched skin and if you're 'more mature' like me and have been obese for a number of years then the skin's ability to ping back is somewhat hindered!

Whether I lose it fast or slow, I KNOW I will have saggy, wrinkled skin. However, I'm happy to forego smooth wrinkle-free (fat-filled) skin for a few extra years of life! :)

I'd definitely consider a tummy tuck eventually if I had the cash but I feel I should give it a year after I reach goal to allow everything to settle down and also do some exercise to say I've done all I can before resorting to the surgeon's knife.

I would be very scared to have tummy surgery, although goodness knows I could do with it! I saw the prog last night and felt confused about the size issue. I am 14.13lbs and wear a size 22, I am 5foot1. The woman last night must have started out at a 32 I would have thought. She did very well and looked much better but I am not sure how much the'diet doctors' had to do with it! God, I just find them smug and irritating.

ooooo my friend had a tummy tuck a few years ago on the n.h.s and shes looks brill now

i went on a low cal diet about 10 years excersized like crazy and toned up fine
did have the floppy belly but expected that after havein 4 children

if i was brave enough id so have my bum bag chopped off
but till then ill stick with my wonder knickers and duck tape

;)

Back