Diet - ehm don't think so!!!!!

jimmy's girl

saved all my Syns this week and have just poured the first of many vodka n diet cokes :p. Gotta <3 slimming world

Hi Jimmy's Girl. I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but saving all your syns through out the week is not good, and it's not being on plan :(
You need at least 5 syns a day otherwise you're off plan.

Sorry! But hey, enjoy your voddies!

I do this too, save my whole weeks sins for the weekend, its the only way i can have a social life, it doesn't seem to affect my weight loss, staying within allowance for whole week (35 to 105 syns) spread over one or two nights has got to be better than blowing the whole thing altogether? maybe if doing it every weekend it wouldn't be good? but i do this roughly two weekends a month and so far so good!!

Hey Mandy... I used to think that we should be eating at least 5 syns a day however I was looking at the sw magazine yday and it doesn't reflect this. In fact each day plan was under.. I would have thought that if sw promoted this philosophy it would have reflected in the 7 day menu...

Gonna speak to my consultant when I go to group next because I think it's confusing to think one thing but see something else...

Roziee said:
Hey Mandy... I used to think that we should be eating at least 5 syns a day however I was looking at the sw magazine yday and it doesn't reflect this. In fact each day plan was under.. I would have thought that if sw promoted this philosophy it would have reflected in the 7 day menu...

Gonna speak to my consultant when I go to group next because I think it's confusing to think one thing but see something else...

The seven day plans in the magazine are usually low syns each day, however if you look under 'how to get started' it states that 'each day you can enjoy around 10 syns'.

If it works for you and you can stick to plan then I don't see why not. You have to make SW for in to your life and lifestyle

Full appreciate that saving syns doesn't work everyone though

Enjoy ya vodka!

I hardly ever use my syns, I eat a lot of free food, & even after that I'm full so don't fancy anything, I was wondering is it ok not to have any syns? Obviously when I'm fancying something more of a treat I'd help myself lol x

Oh I never realised you needed at least 5 per day:(). Chuffed though caused I can have 5 per day and leave enough in the bank for a few voddies at the weekend ;) xx

To be honest, those syns are there as a cushion. They protect your weight loss later on. When you get near target, and perhaps slow down, your Consultant may suggest you lower your syns to get the weight loss going again.

If you don't fancy a treat, as such, I'm sure you could use your syns in your daily foods. A bit of butter here, a smidge of sauce there. 5 syns is really easy to spend. :) Good luck!

xMandyDx said:
Hi Jimmy's Girl. I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but saving all your syns through out the week is not good, and it's not being on plan :(
You need at least 5 syns a day otherwise you're off plan.

Sorry! But hey, enjoy your voddies!

Our consultant says its fine to bank syns. She said there's two young girls in her class who eat free all week then hit the vodka on a Saturday and they have done great.

But I guess it's down to how it works for each individual. X

In the beginning it will be fine not having syns but when you plateau you will have nothing to play with.
Make sure you have a little fat in your diet too, whether it's from chocolate/mayo/oily fish or good old olive oil you do need a bit or your bowels won't work effectively and more importantly all those fat soluble vitamins will leave your body having done it no good whatsoever! Meaning your hair nails and skin will start to lose lustre too!

There is fat in the dairy but if you're like me you won't drink enough milk and forget to have cheese! Always forgetting my HEA!!

Littleali21 said:
Our consultant says its fine to bank syns. She said there's two young girls in her class who eat free all week then hit the vodka on a Saturday and they have done great.

But I guess it's down to how it works for each individual. X

Blimey - bet she doesn't say that when her team developer is there! It couldn't be more against the SW philospohy if it tried! They are supposed to be discouraging binging (on either food or booze), not condoning it. Its not just abou whether you loose weight doing it that way, its about the fact it ain't good for you!!

Our consultant always says its fine if it works for you but if your loss stops then it'd be the first thing you'd look at. To be honest I left the first group I joined because all they talked about go image therapy was how much they could drink if they saved their syns up. That doesn't interest me but I suppose its horses for courses isn't it? Xx

I think thats because they expect people to snack (the odd biscuit/chocolate/crisps/whatever you fancy) *as well as* eating the proper Menu... thats what the syns are there for. It would be difficult to get people to stick to a plan where they couldnt snack on the odd treat in addition to their meals.

Back