Diet Fizzy Drinks

Hellraiser

Just in case anyone is interested, the Sainsbury's own brand of diet fizzy drinks use sucralose instead of aspartame as a sweetener and they are pretty nice too.

What is the deal with aspartame, does it actually affect your ketosis or do people avoid it for different reasons?

I know if I drink too much diet Coke at night I get a vicious headache the next morning, but is this stuff also stalling my weight loss on Atkins?

Aparently Aspartame can slow or stall weight loss for certain people on the Atkins diet, I'm not sure if it had any negative effect on me when I used it, but I personally much prefer splenda (sucralose) as it doesn't seem to have the nasty after taste that I get from Aspartame.

Aparently Aspartame can slow or stall weight loss for certain people on the Atkins diet, I'm not sure if it had any negative effect on me when I used it, but I personally much prefer splenda (sucralose) as it doesn't seem to have the nasty after taste that I get from Aspartame.

Cheers for that, Hellraiser. I'm not a big fan of the aspartame aftertaste either, although I find adding a liberal slosh of vodka takes care of it! ;) But will keep an eye out for the sucralose alternatives...

i havent had vodka for YEARS! Id only need a drop and Id be pasted.
Thanks hellraiser, sainsburys is my choice if supermarket so ill look out for that.
aspartame has some pretty nasty write ups, try googling it.

I use the tonic when I have the odd G&T. :)

Asda do their own version of diet cola and it is aspartame free too.

Must say I've heard some scary things about aspartame, from hair loss to MS symptoms, yet I cannot resist the lure of a diet coke.

tell me about it - diet coke rocks.
Ive just fallen in love with Sainsburys low sugar cherryade and the freak stuff has carrot in it!

Back