Diet Redbull

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
Just a query.. know the answer.. but is Diet redbull ok? just one can?

We're away for a few days from tomorrow (no internet access either :wave_cry:), I have a looong drive ahead of me and usually have a redbull on the return trip.. just cos I'm busy all day then we drive home in the early evening... :rolleyes:

or are there any caffeine alternatives I can have? I don't drink coffee so that's not an option.

Thanks all

anyone?? :sigh: guess I'm gonna have to hope I have the energy for the drive.. maybe have my tetra just before I leave. :)

Have your tetra before the journey perhaps take one with you and keep up your water.

Nutritional info RedBull sugar free per 100mls (it comes in a 250ml can):

3 calories
0 for Protein, Carbs, Sugar, Fat,Saturates
Sodium (salt) 0.8 g
Vitamins
Niacin 44% RDA
Panthothenic acid 2mg 33% RDA
B6 2 mg 100% RDA
B12 2ug 200% RDA

Ingredients

Carbonated water, Acidity Regulator Sodium Citrates, Taurine,
Glucuronolactone 0.24%, AcesulfameK, Aspartame, Caffeine,
Flavourings and Thickenher Xanithan gum plus colours caramel and Riboflavin.

So based on the above one can as 7.5 calories, it contains salt and flavourings which are not allowed, Sodium Citrates and Taurine.

As CD has all the vitamins and minerals you need you will also be overdosing on some of these as well.

Water contains - nothing

Diet Red Bull is definitely not an allowable fluid on CD.

Oh and just a little bit of info re Taurine:

Taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827 where it is found in high concentration. (Tiedemann F., Gmelin L., 1827: Einige neue Bestandteile der Galle des Ochsen, Ann. Physik. Chem., 9, 326-337). The bovine connection (latin name "bos taurus") clearly explains the descriptive name "Taurine" was chosen:eek:

Thanks both.. that's all I needed to break THAT habit! :) it's the only time I ever drink it.. and will be no more!

Back