• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Diet sodas...

I keep seeing in other posts people advising not to drink diet sodas as it affects weight loss, ie slows it down, is this true? I always assumed that something like a diet coke with hardly any calories and no sugar would be fine to drink. I would only drink one a day really but occasionally will have one if I'm hungry as it puts me on till my meal and stops me snacking - is this not ok?

Thanks in advance ;)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Its an individual thing really.
WW allow diet drinks but alot of people avoid them especially with all the new advice regarding aspartame and its effects.
I personally try to avoid drinking too much of it as it gives me a sweet tooth for other things but do drink it a couple of times a week.
My DH has been doing WW for 13 weeks now and drinks pepsi max everyday (he doesnt drink hot drinks or water) and he has lost 2 1/2 stone with no problems at all.
So if you want diet drinks have them x

Shabba

Loves the Nom Nom!!!
See i drink quite alot of them and if i do feel bloated it means i eat less because i feel bloated! If i drank water i'd feel full! no difference to me :D

I had hypnotherapy about a year ago because I had a real addiction! I was eating masses! Now I still crave it from time to time but I don't really want it as it makes me feel sick x

Ooh I love fizzy drinks!! I buy the cans and see them like treats, so if it's the evening and I've used all my points and fancy a treat I have a can of fizzy Fanta Zero or 7up Zero... it does bloat me but I haven't found a problem with weight loss so far... xx

I see diet fizzy drinks as a treat too, I drink it daily since starting WW because I find it helps my cravings, if I really fancy snacking I have a diet pepsi instead and it ties me over until my next meal.