Diet Started - 3 Stone to lose

Barwers

Hi all,

So booked an amazing holiday to Thailand this week and the prospect of wearing a bikini at my current weight is truly horrifying. I'm currently 14st 7lbs and have always struggled with my weight, but the thought of being stuck with holiday photos i'll hate forever has kicked my ass into action.

So had a great day yesterday - salads, soups, made myself drink more water (i'm awful for not doing this)

Today - Had soya yogurt and banana for breakfast, soup with no bread for lunch and think i'm going to do myself a veg packed omlette for dinner with some rice and new potatoes.

Always found it hard to do traditional diets (Atkins, Weight Watchers etc) because i'm vegetarian and don't eat fish and alot seem to have alot of these in there, so i'm doing partly the new 2 day diet and partly just eating far more healthily.

Staying away from Red Wine and chocolate will be the hardest bit for me.

Feeling positive today though :)

H x

So wanted to write an update following a whole week on the 2 day diet (or 5:2 Diet/Fast Diet....whatever you want to call it lol).

Have to admit, usually after a week on any diet i start to think about cheating or my resolve goes out the window and i order Dominos. But i have had such a good week on my diet. Wondered how i'd get on with my 2 days on 600 calories, but actually found it really easy. Filled myself up with veg and split 300 calories for breakfast and 300 calories for dinner and overall I feel so much more energic. Plus i still got to eat things i like which on most diets, i'd just expect to cut out. Had mum's homemade roast on Sunday for Mothering Sunday and then a small portion of homemade apple crumble with custard and also met a friend for coffee on Saturday and had a Krispy Kreme doughnut, but balanced it out by having salad for dinner. But being able to eat something i fancied really helped me stay positive.

So this morning was week one weigh in day and i'd resisted the temptation to weigh myself all week. Was a bit tentative because as i said i had had some treat food during the week, but had managed to stick to the fast days religiously. So.....moment of truth.......................................

LOST 7.2lbs in Week One :) :) :) :) So so so so happy!!!!

Finally found a diet that seems to work for me. Doesn't turn me into the b**** from hell from being hungry and don't have to constantly watch friends and family eat whatever they want while i sit there with a salad. A real balanced, practical diet that i really think i can lose 3 stone with :)

H xxx (7.2lbs lighter :) )

So thought I should update my diary for week 2. The fasting for two days this week was miserable due to the fact i had raging tooth ache. Just made everything so much more bleak, but stayed true to the diet and had a lovely curry and a good night out with friends (but stayed on vodka and diet coke).

Anyway come weigh in had lost another 5 lbs this week :) So 12lbs in 2 weeks! Totally thrilled.

Hope everyone else is having a good time on their diets. Anyone else trying the 2 day diet?

H x

Hi Barwers, Thanks for the post on my diary.. :)

Looks like things are going really well for you.. 12lb in two weeks hey?! WTG!!
I'm sure you are going to look fantastic in that bikini.

I have the same problem with drinking water and the chocolate thing. Thankfully I haven't had any chocolate for about three weeks now. I did get a bit tempted this afternoon but consoled myself when I got home with a cup of hot chocolate instead.

Keep up the good work... :girlpower:

Back