Diet to suit fussy eater?

DaddyJay

Hey all,

As mentioned in my Intro, I am a very fussy eater. I'd like to lose a stone but I have no idea what diet would suit me best.

I like all meats, however, when it comes to fruit, all I eat is green seedless grapes, and veg, I eat peas and sweetcorn. I don't eat bread and I don't like salads. My eating mainly consists of frozen foods, or cooking with chicken, mince meat or steak. I rarely eat fresh fish, although I do like tinned tuna chunks. I do tend to eat a lot of junk food which I'm trying to stop, and some days I skip breakfast and lunch due to work.

I want to start on Monday. Any suggestions?

Id say WW or Calorie Counting would be ideal for you, why not have a look round those forums :)

I would say with a BMI of 24, given that you've never dieted before seemingly, DON'T go there!

As someone else said, avoiding the junk food, and perhaps also adding in some exercise ought to bring you down to a healthy BMI.

The saying really is true that: dieting makes you fat!

atkins is right up your street then, and as you only have a stone to lose it shouldnt take too long either.

But beware, dieting is the slippery slope, go on one and you will be dieting all your life. What you lose you will gain again unless you are prepared to make permanent changes to your eating habits.

Like the others say, you know you eat junk so ditch it, it wil probably be as effective as any diet and you may get healthier in the process.

Thanks all. A few things there that I will definately take in and think about. I will try my hardest to cut out the junk food, but motivation is a real problem. All the time I tell myself to stop eating junk but it's hard.

I'm going to up my game when it comes to exercise and will try and avoid snacking. As of monday I will keep a diary on here and let you all know how I get on. :)

Back