Diet vs Exercise

Nibblenibble

Hello

I have been a member of S.W for 4 weeks and I have lost 5 pounds. I feel a lot better and I feel like Im really getting into it. However this week I went back to the gym, so I went three times last week. at my weekly weigh in I have put on 3lbs?

My food diary has mostly been the red diet with two days on green, I stick to around 10syns a day and my diet didnt change from the week before bar a few things.

Should I go up the gym and see the scales weight go down slowely/go up with muscle weight and stick with the gym and remember that Im losing inches? I like the gym but I want to see the weight coming off on the scales. Im 28 years old, 5'8 and weigh 13.9 stone.

Thanks

Yeah scales aren't always the most accurate measure of fat loss. I know plenty of people that go by the fit of their clothes.

You will likely be gaining muscle as the fat burns and muscle weighs more than fat. Also bear in mind sometimes if you exercise too close to a weigh in the scales can go up for whatever reason!

Re-assess your eating - really do make sure you are eating plenty and sticking to the plan, and just keep going! It'll be a better loss next week I'm sure :D

Nibblenibble said:
Hello

I have been a member of S.W for 4 weeks and I have lost 5 pounds. I feel a lot better and I feel like Im really getting into it. However this week I went back to the gym, so I went three times last week. at my weekly weigh in I have put on 3lbs?

My food diary has mostly been the red diet with two days on green, I stick to around 10syns a day and my diet didnt change from the week before bar a few things.

Should I go up the gym and see the scales weight go down slowely/go up with muscle weight and stick with the gym and remember that Im losing inches? I like the gym but I want to see the weight coming off on the scales. Im 28 years old, 5'8 and weigh 13.9 stone.

Thanks

I am training too and have lost 5.5 pounds. I have dropped a dress size tho, try measuring yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised

I noticed that the 2 weeks I exercised I had very little losses.. However what I should have done is measured myself before so I could see if I had lost any inches.. I've not exercised after that and I've been on as since march but it's very important for a healthy body and mind to incorporate some form of exercise in to your life (plus, don't want saggy skin) so will start it now. Have lost 3 stones and hoping exercise will boost it even more now. Measure yourself and see if u are losing inches. Don't give up on exercise tho.. Your body will be jumping up and down with joy for it.

Rozie

Don't give up on the exercise Nibblenibble, personally I find it has really helped with my weight loss. It can take time for your body to adjust to intensive exercise like going to the gym, but please persevere. My gym instructor said one reason for weight gain when exercising is not drinking enough water when you're actually exercising. If you don't drink enough to replace the fluid you're losing through sweating etc then your muscles will retain water. Drink regularly throughout your session. I take a water bottle with me and drink one and a half of them during 1 1/2 hour work out. Good luck x

I joined sw and started exercising 10 weeks ago and lost 29lb, I do 1.5hrs of exercise aday everyday, I think exercising really does help with the weight loss, If I didn't exercise I think I would of loss only half the weight, I drink up to 10 glasses of water aday. xx

Back