dieting , excercising and GAINING wieght!!

coyote

im quite distressed i started trying to loose wieght half a year ago...so i started excercising...walking for 2 hours a day ...i gained wieght. so i got distressed and tried crash dieting ...1000 calories a day plus 2 hours excercise...and gained wieght! so now i am trying to do it sensibly...i am having around 1600 to 200o calories a day and excercising for 2 hours a day (good aerobic excerise for half an hour)
...and you guessed it ...im gaining wieght!!! :(
its not muscle weight gain as i can see the extra fat on my face arms and tummy...i currently look 7 months pregnant!

my doctor isnt interested as i am within normal wieght range formy hieght,
but she dosent understand although im 5ft 9 i have always been really tiny boned...around a size 6-8 uk...thats eating what i like and getting no excercise...
so i am carrying around 2 stone of unwanted fat and its in all the wrong places...i feel so depressed...
i am 30 and i know that metabolic rate is supposed to slow at this age but i dont understanbd how i am excercising and dieting and still GAINING fat!
any tips on how i can get down to my goal wieght of 9st? in spite of my body...(bearing in mind i am normally 8 and a half stone).
please help me! :cry:

Hey, hang on, your goal BMI is 17.4? That would put you into the underweight catagory and would be unhealthy! It sounds like you have really bad body image and should put the effort into changing this idea you have that you're overweight by this 2 stone that you can see getting bigger and bigger.

no you see i am naturally very slim...when i am 8 and a half stone i still have a normal fat percentage on me...
i dont have a bad body image...
i know i am not *overwieght* but i am carrying too much fat...as i say my tummy is so fat i look heavily pregnant and it wobbles really badly....my legs bum and hips are still very very skinny which i guess is keeping my wieght in range.
and another important point is that i am actually gaining wieght ...not maintaining...when i was 8 and a half stone i had a heatlh check as i do kep fit and i was still inside healthy weight range , in fact i was athletic. this is what i am aiming for...not to be skinny i dont like skinny. i dont want a wobbly pregnant looking belly also i am currently a 32g whereas i am normally a 32d so you see i am definatly carrying fat which would be heathly and beneficial too loose.
my fat perecntage is surrently very high.

Not meaning to sound patronising but you have checked your not pregnant. Even if not it does sound like it could be something hormonal causing your weight gain (boobs and belly), have you changed your contraception at all? I would prob go to your doctor and see if he can check your hormone levels, should be able to do it with a simple blood test.

nope not pregnant , i am regular and heavy and have permanent contraception...plus ive been pregnant twice and this is not like that at all...my tummy wobbles

Back