Dieting with an underactive thyroid

Bexy118

I started doing slimming world 5 years ago and lost a stone and a half, I then found that I started putting on weight when i was being really good. After a trip to the docs I discovered that I have an underactive thyroid. Since then i have put on a further 4 stone despite having the correct medication. I am now sitting steadily at 19 stone. I find it really difficult to lose weight ever since my thyroid went underactive. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone can offer me some guidance. I want to lose at least 9 stone but find it difficult to stay motivated.
Any advice will be greatley appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance. X

I started doing slimming world 5 years ago and lost a stone and a half, I then found that I started putting on weight when i was being really good. After a trip to the docs I discovered that I have an underactive thyroid. Since then i have put on a further 4 stone despite having the correct medication. I am now sitting steadily at 19 stone. I find it really difficult to lose weight ever since my thyroid went underactive. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone can offer me some guidance. I want to lose at least 9 stone but find it difficult to stay motivated.
Any advice will be greatley appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance. X

Hey
Really intersting post think I may have UT too for me can only do red days...cant touch or look at carbs, stodge, starch or too many wholegrains its horrid need to watch portion size but eat eat reg to up metb have to avoid choc and crisp even within syn allowance as packs a fat punch for sure. I retain water so bad too and if i were to have a bad day say eat a burger,pizza,rice, or just sandwich I can put on a stone in 1-2 days and bloat like blimp...so I get it

Back