Dietninja's 90 day SSS plan

Day 1 of cycle 2

Not going the way I'd like :( serves me right for trying to start without planning properly.

AM HIIT & chest / back

B - protein porridge with greek yoghurt & raspberries

S1 & S2 - 4 rice cakes, cottage cheese

T - massive portion of that green curry, rice & green veg

T2 (!) - bolognese, 2 x toast, fried courgette

As I skipped lunch, I have had to have a second meal at 10pm. I am royally stuffed!!!!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428441388.299710.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428441409.471465.jpg

I was exactly the same with fitting meals in on my days off, as by the time I'd had my lie in and got up and been to the gym, you have your shake and it's 12.30 before you're eating your first meal. It does get easier as you go on though, I think I've trained my body into eating meals late at night now.

Hope you are enjoying cycle 2! The difference in the workouts is nice I thought.

I like the workouts but prefer the food structure of cycle 1...I like to be told what to do...too much decision making in cycle 2! I predict that when I'm back to work I'll just do the same meals over and over so I don't have to think about it!

And let's face it, I'm scared of the carbs!

I went off piste with the workout today...i needed to add a warm up for my arms & shoulders, so I got out my old p90x disc, fully intending just to do the warm up then Joe's HIIT / GVT workout.

What I actually ended up doing was warm up, half of Joe's fat burning HIIT, half of p90x shoulders and arms, the rest of the HIIT then the rest of the p90x workout! It was fun! My arms are going to kill me tomorrow!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428503958.913404.jpg

Cycle 2 day 2

B - protein porridge (note to self...need to have the fruit and yoghurt later)

Ex: arms & shoulders day - warm up,
8 mins HIIT (2 x 30s burpees, squat jumps, lunge jumps, high knees)
25 mins p90x arms & shoulders
8 mins HIIT
20 mins p90x arms & shoulders

L - Thai chicken curry, rice & green beans

T - spag bol with broccoli, yoghurt & berries from earlier

S1 & 2 4 rice cakes with cottage cheese

Last edited:
Cycle 2, day 3...rest day so low carb

B - 65g lizis granola with 125g yoghurt and 25g choc protein shake on the side

L - omelette made with 2 eggs & 1 white, courgette, 105g smoked salmon, rocket & watercress salad

T - steak cooked in butter and topped with tbsp sour cream, broccoli and green beans

S1 - 24g macadamia & walnuts
S2 - protein shake with 11g peanut butter and 5 strawberries (both saved from earlier)

Last edited:
I'm in planning mode...here's my exercise plan for the first half of cycle 2...the first week is this week

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428616906.667395.jpg

Cycle 2 day 4 plan

B - protein porridge (need to have yoghurt & berries later)

L - Thai chicken curry with rice

Ex - leg day!
10 mins spin bike intervals (8 x 30-45s sprints with equal rest time in between)
25 mins p90x legs (replaced pull ups with weighted squats)
10 min spin bike intervals
25 mins p90x legs

T - bagel topped with sweet chilli chicken, mushrooms & onions & lots of broccoli. Yoghurt & berries

S1 -
S2 -

Last edited:
No I don't, I just put them in. I'm being a bit naughty because I prefer to have a video or something to follow so I'm doing p90x weights DVDs instead of joes but still interspersing the HIIT. Anyway, the p90x combines arms & shoulders which means I've got nothing to do for day 4 exercise so I thought I'd do abs and a run or hill sprints.

I may revert to Joes workout program next week as I'm back to work and the p90x ones are an hour long. Combine that with HIIT and its 80-90mins of exercise, whereas the whole of one of joes workouts would be less than an hour.

Ah right ok, I've never tried the p90x videos. Are they good??

I love them...lots of lifting, squatting, lunges, press ups & pull ups! Have a look on YouTube, bound to be some on there!

I think I will revert to joes next week though....can always do p90x after!

Day 5 of cycle 2

I'm not enjoying this cycle as much...I feel like I'm eating the same food over and over (which I am!) because I lack creativity. What I'm really lacking is forward planning, but I'm going to have to do a bit more of that as its back to school on Mon, so will plan my week tomorrow.

I was v tired this morning from yesterday's leg workout so the hill sprints were slow. I usually jog back down the hill but this time I had to walk.

I also ache in the centre of my back which I think means I'm doing the squats wrong...going to have to work on that - will try in front of a mirror next time.

Ex: fasted HIIT / abs

1.5 mile jog
12 x 45s hill sprints
1.5 mile jog
15 mins p90x ab workout

B - protein oats

L - v late lunch (4.30pm) bagel topped with sweet chilli chicken, onions, mushrooms and courgette

S - 1/2 quest bar, yummy

T - chicken curry with rice noodles with spinach, leeks & green beans

S - 1/2 quest bar

Am doing badly on the dairy today...missed out on yoghurt and berries with breakfast, and the sides with lunch and tea. Will do better tomorrow!

Tomorrows plan...

Day 6 of cycle 2

Rest day so low carb

B - lizis granola, yoghurt, raspberries, latte flavoured protein shake

L - smoked salmon, eggs, veg

T - peanut butter chicken

S1 - nuts
S2 - egg

Tomorrows plan...

Day 6 of cycle 2

Rest day so low carb

B - lizis granola, yoghurt, raspberries, latte flavoured protein shake

L - smoked salmon, eggs, veg

T - peanut butter chicken

S1 - nuts
S2 - egg

nice to to see your still planing in advance :) well done xx

How are you doing honey? Not seeing you around much on here...

Mind you these boards are soooo much quieter than they used to be!

Back