'diets dont work'

abigail09

Gold Member
so i got told the day before last that i was stupid for being on a 'diet' that i should eat what i want and go swimming every night instead to loose weight. this is coming from my colleague who has been complaining he is looking fat and also thinks that 2lbs a week is a weight loss not even worth doing. hahahaha! so 2 weeks in 6lbs lighter im off to work to shout about it and to see if he thinks that eating sensibly is still not worth doing...? ;)

You tell him, 6lb off is a great loss. People who say things like that get on my nerves, it is up to each indiviual how they want to lose weight and he should take a good look at himself before making comments.

What a numpty! As you know, the best thing about SW is that it isnt a "diet" and you can pretty much adapt all the fast foods that you used to love to the SW way of life.

I constantly get told by MIL that I should be "fat" the amount I eat and how can I eat ALL THAT FOOD on a diet.....

I just smile and tuck into my mountain of pasta (although I shouldn't, she says all that pasta should make me fat...it's her fave word)

Theres only one thing hes right about thats diet don't work but thats nothing new we all know that but you are proving slimming does work and its not a diet.
people who usually say things like that are making excuses 2lb a week for just 6 months is 3 and a half stone which is a massive about but if someone isn't watching there wait that 2lb a week can easierly go on.
ask him to weigh his self this week and next in front of you see how much he puts on then work out how much he will gain in 6 months bet that will shock him.
well done hun I think you are doing really well and when you are at target and happy he will still be fat and miserable cause even 0.5lb off a week is better than gaining or not doing anything at all.
do you think he might be scared of sw cause he doesn't know how much we c an eat?

Tell him to have a chat with Cocktail Princess who has lost 7 stone by losing 1lb per week and has changed her eating habits for good! Would he tell her face to face that '2lb' per week is a waste of time?!!!

Diets work....people don't work them

gonna throw a spanner in the works and say that slimming world isnt a diet thats why it works its food lifestyle that when followed correctly gives you all the essential nutrients and vitamins oh and the little side affect of losing weight!!

what a t*t! he needs to wise up - SW is the only diet thats pretty much stuck to the same rules its entire existance....course it works if you do it correctly!

People like him are just uneducated on slimming plans - not his fault his isnt open to different eating plans/styles.

Well done on your 6lbs x

gonna throw a spanner in the works and say that slimming world isnt a diet thats why it works its food lifestyle that when followed correctly gives you all the essential nutrients and vitamins oh and the little side affect of losing weight!!

Sammi I have to agree as soon as i say the dreaded D word i end up eating everything in site i used to do ww and ran out of points by 11am. I now say i am healthy eating and have changed my eating habits for life and if i lose weight then thats a bonus. Of course the idea is that i am doing it to lose weight lol

I absolutely despise people like that!!!! Tell him to kn*b off!!!
Say I have a lifestyle that I lose weight healthily, I have a healthy heart, lower blood pressure and a healthier look on life... so 2lb a week is fine by me!!! Well done on your loss aswell xx

some people are just in their only little world!! 6lbs in 2 weeks is fab!!

On average I've lost less than a pound a week which sounds like nothing but it's added up to three stone and completely changed how I look and feel. I think people who slag off diets have tried and failed themselves and are jealous of those who are being successful at them.

Back