Diets for me

TonyR

Hey guys ,

Been a while since ive posted on here , but im here for some support and a lot of advice, i took on aboard the Atkins a few months ago , but failed to keep the diet maintained as i found it to restricting , practically eating meat all the time wasn't agreeing with me , so i decided to quit , amongst other things the fact i couldn't have a drink every so often didn't help either.

My mum (40andFat) started Atkins when i was raving to her about how good it was , and shes lost a ton of weight since shes been on it , but im after something less restricting , a diet that allows me to have some form of caffeine intake and lets me eat oats and normal cereals.

If anyone has any suggestions , links , information about there personal experiences on such a diet , please feel free to post.

Thanks for the suggestions.

:wave_cry:

Hi TonyR,

What about doing something as straightforward as healthy eating or calorie counting? That way nothing is off limits, it's just got to be in moderation.

We all know what's good for us and we all know what's bad. Eating healthily means you can fill up on lots of fruit and veggies but you can still have some healthy high fibre cereals for brek and occasional treats.

I can't function of a morning without my coffee and so every morning I have two mugs of freshly made coffee (made with milk). It's one of my treats and I tell myself that the calcium and vitamins in the milk is good for me anyway!!

I could never do Atkins as I'm a veggie ;) but I don't think I could deal with any diet long term that involved having to cut certain things out completely. I think to keep at something for the long haul it has to be sustainable and when you feel you're missing out on some of your favourite things then the danger is always going to be that you give in, fall off the wagon and risk bingeing.

hey son, ww is the diet for you. if you want to eat all these foods then moderation is the key! will still be restricted but you need to have your mind in the right place and be ready to do it for you and stick with it. if you have a bad day and go off track then draw a line under it and make a fresh start the next day. if you dont want to go to a ww class then you can do it online. :D

Ok ill start weight watchers next week , starting monday , ill use this weekend to do some research and that.

Calorie counting works for me, nothing is off-limits as long as I control portion sizes, and I can fill up on really low calorie meals if I want to have a treat later :)

without a doubt I agree with those who recommended ww.

I probably shouldnt say this because its probably not the healthiest approach but I lost 7 stone in 10 months on ww, didnt do any exercise, had a whole dominos pizza to myself every friday night and drank alcohol most weekends.

There is an alternative for everything you crave on ww!! brilliant diet.

without a doubt I agree with those who recommended ww.

I probably shouldnt say this because its probably not the healthiest approach but I lost 7 stone in 10 months on ww, didnt do any exercise, had a whole dominos pizza to myself every friday night and drank alcohol most weekends.

There is an alternative for everything you crave on ww!! brilliant diet.

Wow, never realised you could do that with ww and still lose weight!!

At least with Go Lower, it is healthy...You lose quick, but eat real food....

xx

hi i lost 5 stone doing Go Lower!! tried lots of diets before but alway cheated and never stuck to them but this time as its all provied for me so never get the chance to cheat!

I would say check out Weight Watchers and Slimming World, as you are a man i am guessing you like your food and the only advantage between two is with Slimming World you are not restricted to amounts, if its free food you can eat it so your portion sizes can be what you are used to and you still lose weight.

Weight Watchers is good but as you lose weight your points decrease.

My dad has tried both and lost on both so they do both work.

My round up would be with Weight Watchers you can eat everything but have to limit amounts.

With Slimming World you have to change to eating more healthy food but you can have as much as you want.

On both you can have alcohol you just save your points or syns.

Hope this helps.

Good luck Tony. I'm with the people who suggest WW for your situation. I didn't stick to it, but I did lose weight on it, didn't feel like I was restricting too much, enjoyed saving points up and gaining activity points. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind then to stay on it. I'll probably go back on it when I get my head back in the right place and finish my Exante packs this month. :)

Back