Different ways with veg

pammyd

Silver Member
After previous fruity question, I thought I'd try different ways to cook veg which may make them more appealing with my meals. At the moment I tend to stick with the usual steamed carrots, broccolli, etc. with the occasional roast BNS, aubergine for good luck. I can't stir fry - don't ask me why - it just aint gonna happen, so how do you cook yours? :p

I very rarely if ever have veg as a side dish. I'm vegetarian so the veggies make up the bulk of my dishes eg vegetable chilli, curry, pasta sauces, vegetable lasagne, ratatouille, moussaka, risottos etc.

I like to make a baked bean, veg and sausage pie with my mixed veg. Basically just defrosting mixed veg, mix it with baked beans and sausages of your choice, make up some smash for the topping and whack the lot in the oven.

With it being summer at the moment I'm mainly sticking to raw veg so that's something you could try for a change. Make up a massive salad of peppers, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes etc and take as much as you like with whatever meal you're having :)

Back