Difficult day 3

Congrats AliB -- you must be so psyched! And, TMIWTB... I like the way you phrased "1/4 a stone".
AllyK -- last year when I was doing LL over Thanksgiving and people were commenting on my not eating, etc. I said a couple of things... the first was "The Pilgrims did not have any food the first winter, which is why they celebrated their successful harvest the next. I am going to do without now to appreciate my blessings later." And, the other thing I'd say is, "If I lose this weight, I will improve my health and have a lot more Thanksgivings in my future." It is one holiday meal... no big deal.

MM

Good ideas - thanks.

How has everyone got on today?

I forgot to take my packs to work today and didn't get home till nearly 8pm so its been a tricky day but am proud I stuck to it.

Hope everyone is keying up to a good LL weekend.

AllyK - you go girl! That's really tough but well done...part of the early bit seems to be a little bit of dappiness so I know how you can forget things!!
I am lucky that I have a few residual packs from SS last time so I am always sure to keep a couple in the drawer at the office and one in my bag (as long as I don't change bags ;o) ). I suppose it's possible to buy 30 one week to keep a bit of 'stock'. Found the bars particularly useful for this actually, but decided to stay off bars for the first week, the way is was in foundation.
Well done and hope you enjoyed the rest of your packs when you got them.
TMIWTB x

Anyone besides me, old enough to remember when you stayed in the car and some young man pumped your fuel for you. And, cleaned the windscreen, checked the oil, etc.

lol, when I was 15/16, I WAS that "man" :D (one of the most fun jobs I ever had!! lol)

They still do that in Oregon. You are not allowed to pump your own fuel. :)

Hi BL,

Really? Because I am pretty sure that Oregon currently has one of the highest unemployment rates. Such a worry, this economy. How are you doing?

MM

MinnieMel - thanks for the advice. I might need to look at having a spare bar in my bag just in case.

BL - what a good job at 15/16. Did you meet lots of nice boys?!

BL... great job, as you knew what they were going to be driving when they picked you up! lol

MM

Hi BL,

Really? Because I am pretty sure that Oregon currently has one of the highest unemployment rates. Such a worry, this economy. How are you doing?

MM

Not sure what the unemployment rate has to do with it being illegal to pump your own fuel?? :confused:

but yes, I am quite sure. Our property is on the border, and we go there twice a year - last tip was in May, and it was full service all the way. :)

And I am great thanks - hoep you are well too! :)

Hey BL,

I was thinking... that's one job that is a "people job" and, yet, they have high unemployment. Does this make sense?
I try NOT to use the employee free check outs as I like the cashier service, and it is a "people job". I feel as if we have to do more and more for ourselves, and then what happens to the people who used to have these jobs?

MM

Back