Dilemma!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!!!

lucylu0802

Got to stop eating!
Ok ladies and Gents I want the turth now! I have just been offered a job that I REALLY REALLY Want and I am over the bloody moon.... BUT here comes the tough bit.... for some reason I want to have a chinese to celebrate as am also meeting a friend for a glass of wine later also to celebrate... since thinking about chinese I am able to think of NOTHING else!!! I am on my own till I meet friend at half eight and am trying to decide what to do! Since thinking about food... mouth watering and can't stop thinking but at same time I KNOW that it would be sooo wrong to have chinese by self!!!

REALLY STRUGGLING!!!

Sorry....But could you not have your hair done or nails as a celebration treat rather that spoil or your hard work with a greasy chinese................

Celebrations and treats do not always have to be food related.....

Hope I'm not too harsh...but you did ask for the truth ;0)

Whilst I am an avid fan of Cambridge and I too am struggling along with about another 2 stone to go and really want to make a dent in it before Christmas, but sometimes you need to lightenup, give yourself a break and enjoy your moment of celebration of landing that dream job! Whether you eat it on your own or with somebody make sure you enjoy every mouthful, don't feel guilty and carry on with your endeavours tomorrow - food is not the enemy! I am probably not a good advert, but I have still allowed myself the occasional eating pleasure, whether it be a rare night out with my hubbie or a night out with my mates and still lost weight - it has actually helped me practice my efforts to regain control around food and not eat everything in sight which for me is a huge achievement! I find losing the weight is the easy part but keeping it off is the hardest bit!

I am meeting up with a friend tonight who I haven't seen for 6 months and we are going out for a curry, I will have something low carbish - no rice - enjoy the evening, back on track tomorrow and drink extra water! Celebrate your weight loss so far and your new job!

Dont do it!!! Look how far you've come, how well you're doing!!!
What if this celebratory chinese is the meal that starts you on the slippery slope??? It's just not worth it. Think how proud you'll feel when you've managed to get through this celebration without eating, I think Hedgemag is right - treats don't have to be food related.

I try to reason with myself when I badly want something, that this diet is only a few weeks in my life to get where I want to be, then I can make controlled food choices afterwards.

Sticking with it today is another step closer to a slimmer you (that's gets to look fab, when she starts her new job ;))

Are you SS or on any of the other steps with food? If you are SS then you need to contemplate more, slippery slope and all that. If your on 790 or one of the other steps you could work in a chicken n mushroom or something. I know there's a lot of die hards on here, I love the diet and am strict but just occassionally we want to celebrate through the pleasure of food - food shouldn't become an enemy lets keep it in perspective!!

Had hair and nails done for interview!!!! got a friend coming round now as well!!!

Will let you know if I resist or not!!!

xx

Here Here quite agree Lilly, you sometimes have to give yourself a break! Its good to practice self control when you are getting near your goal - losing it is the easy part - keeping it off is the hardest bit x

If you have it, enjoy something wise and don't beat yourself up about it tomorrow, just get back on track! Enjoy your evening, sounds like a fab new start to the fab new you!!!

After you have had the chineses , i wonder if you will kick yourself ? or find you are having trouble getting back into CD ?

look at what's written on the bottom of your posts - goal to be 11 and a half stone by 23rd November

if you have that chinese hun chances are you won't reach your goal

which is more important to you?

a chinese will always be there, if you eat it now you'll feel crap afterwards and have to go through these horrible first few days again that I am going through!, there's plenty of time for you to have the chinese when you get to your goal

be kind to yourself, you made a committment to yourself when you started this, don't give up now!!

it was a chinese takeaway that was my downfall on CD. UNtil then I was doing fab, had lost over 4 stones in 3 months, then had a chinese takeaway and didnt stop eating for 4 days. Then I tried and tried as hard as I could to get back onto the diet and just couldnt do it.

Please please dont do it. Trust me its so not worth it. If it wasnt for that flaming chinese I would be at goal by now.

Sorry but you can't blame the food there's sooooooo much more to it than that!! It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, your all talking like she's gonna gain half a stone with 1 meal. I agree if she's on SS then its a bad idea, but if she's on any of the other steps she can work it. Life is for living, her mates are coming round for a celebration and a chinky she can easily accommodate it on any of the eating plans. If she was craving a pizza, chips or a kebab then yeh, don't do it. But protein and veg? OK lucylu no rice, chips or prawn crackers, don't even order them. Stick with protein and veg you'll be fine.

gonna put this bluntly
do you want to be slim or not when you start your new job?
think what a different impression you will make on your new colleagues slimmer rather than bigger ( its wrong that it matters but it will! )

i agree with what someone said above
do u think u will kick yourself tomorrow if you eat chinese? do you think getting back inyto ss will be easy or hard?

Sorry but you can't blame the food there's sooooooo much more to it than that!! It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, your all talking like she's gonna gain half a stone with 1 meal.

The thing is Lilly, if she doesnt stick to just protein as you suggested, she could easily gain the half stone with 1 meal. ( I did so dont tell me its not possible)

I know any weight gain would be mostly water/glycogen but is it worth coming out of ketosis for just one "celebratory" meal? It was the getting back into ketosis that I just found impossible.

I would hate you to mess up your diet just before you start your new job. As someone else said, and it may be wrong, but appearance is the first thing your new colleagues will judge you by...

I hope you make the right decision

I always find these shall I or shan't I eat threads interesting because everyone seems to have such strong views about it!

I've just sat and watched 3 people eat fish and chips, the smell was heavenly and my mouth watered, but I want to be slim more and every time I cheat I'm just prolonging my goal.

I think the OP needs to decide for herself. I just find that the more you cheat on SS (no matter what the reason), the harder it is to get back into it.

Whatever you decide to do make sure it's the right decision for you. If you eat then don't regret it tomorrow. If you choose to carry on with SS then well done to you :D

oops, almost forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on the new job xx

Last edited:
Do you know that she is SS'ing? All i'm saying if she's not, if she on any of the other steps she can work it.

chinese food isn't exactly healthy at the best of times though is it and she did ask for everyone's opinion, which is what we've all been doing.

I honestly think at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what other people think. We all have our own ideas and hopefully she'll be happy whatever decision she made.

A new, dream job is definitely something to celebrate though, in one way or another :D

Congratulations! I'm so pleased you got the job. you know what i would say about the chinese :)
Have a fab evening and well done again, i know how much you wanted that job!
Enjoy celebrating x

Back