Dilemma!

Xassy

Silver Member
I have made a big boo boo. I said I'd go out for dinner with my dad on sunday, not realising I'm meant to be babysitting!

Bit of backstory........
My relationship with my dad is dire and he's not a very pleasant man. However, as it's fathers dad, I felt I should offer an olive branch.

I work 2 afternoons for the family I've agreed to babysit for. They have 4 young children, including 5 month old twins. They might be able to find another babysitter but they might not. I have a feeling they'd quite like to be me because a.) I know the kids and b.) I'm confident with the babies if they wake up or need anything.

So, what do I do?! :( (Lunch is not an option because my sister is working.)

Hi
You could postpone your dinner date with your Dad rather than cancel altogether. Tell him the truth, you'd promised to babysit and forgot. He'll either understand or he won't - don't lose sleep over it.

I'm sure the family would understand as it's Father's Day on Sunday or see if you can just babysit for a few hours and do both?

What a dilemma for you.

Is your father reasonable enough for you to be able to talk to him and tell him the truth. Tell him you were so happy to be invited out to dinner by him that all thoughts of your babysitting arrangements went out of your mind.

If you can talk to him I agree with Tracy, so do not beat yourself up over it.

xxxx

Could the family find someone to start the babysitting, you go for a meal with your dad, as soon as that is done you can go and take over?

Back