Dilemma!!

maddie_tc

Tomorrow I'm off for a short holiday - going to Sweden for 5 days to meet my family me and DH will be back next Monday only to go Paris for two days. Then I have a few days off before I start new job.

My mum is fortunately a health freak and I'm pretty sure while I am with her I can manage to stick to Atkins (taking flaxseed and Low carb tortilla with me) BUT when meeting up with other ppl they will have all those Swedish pastries that I have been missing oh-so-much!!! On the other hand I can imagine the damage cheating several times will make- I am really loving this lifestyle and tbh I don't crave anything at all- I just know that if someone just says "common this won't hurt you- u have lost so much already" and I will be all over the cakes...!!! :(

In Paris I have allowed myself to enjoy what I want...is this a bad plan??!!! I jut don't want to end up coming home and being +3kg.

What would you do??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh gosh, not sure what to advise. I would prpbably have the same dilema. Just think how much harder it would be to get back into fat burning after giving your body all those sweet things.

But really if you are going to do it, then at least enjoy it and then hit it hard when you come home. :)

Not much help really am I? :)

Tomorrow I'm off for a short holiday - going to Sweden for 5 days to meet my family me and DH will be back next Monday only to go Paris for two days. Then I have a few days off before I start new job.

My mum is fortunately a health freak and I'm pretty sure while I am with her I can manage to stick to Atkins (taking flaxseed and Low carb tortilla with me) BUT when meeting up with other ppl they will have all those Swedish pastries that I have been missing oh-so-much!!! On the other hand I can imagine the damage cheating several times will make- I am really loving this lifestyle and tbh I don't crave anything at all- I just know that if someone just says "common this won't hurt you- u have lost so much already" and I will be all over the cakes...!!! :(

In Paris I have allowed myself to enjoy what I want...is this a bad plan??!!! I jut don't want to end up coming home and being +3kg.

What would you do??

How about doing what Jim does, one carb a day?

Better to eat one pastry than 6??? :confused:

Everything in moderation..........

Low carb high fat diets are all the rage in Sweden! Have a look at Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's site DietDoctor. There's even a butter shortage it's so popular! I'm sure they'll understand.

If not maybe it's just a break for you, get back in the saddle when you come back. Good luck.

Sounds like a good idea, got to enjoy yourself in Paris

Attachments

• image-2061941159.jpg
    image-2061941159.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
I would try to choose the legal food and enjoy. Be relaxed though - sweden should be fine, france is great - loads of lovely meat/fish in creamy sauces, good red wine etc:D. Give it a go - if you cant resist then no real harm done either:)

-FJ- said:

Do those decarb blocker really work?? Ive never heard of it before- sounds unreal! Anyway guys mum really made a feast and today was the first day of our Sweden holidays so I'm enjoying it with family! Have already eaten loads of sinful things, but also made my flexbread so that I am prepared for a new day/start tomorrow :) hopefully I will be good the coming 4days! I know Im so weak....?

I've taken them a few times.....wouldn't say they're 100% amazing...however...I've not had the usual 'water bloat' that you get with a carby feast......

Whether it kicks an individual outta ketosis though...hmm....think that would depend on the person like.

You can get them in Tesco....any pharmacy really...but I got mine off ebay, much cheaper!

As always, be careful if it sounds to good to be true. Key compound is white kidney bean A quick search on google shows there is very little research available so nothing really proven either way. There are potential side effects too so dont suggest you rely on them!

See link for more info: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5499049_side-white-kidney-bean-extract.html

Just read that article, thank you.

I can honestly say I didn't experience any of the side effects...but...I don't take them regularly...and I would imagine it'd be different for each person.

So aye, no dependence!

Back