Dilemma

Hi all,
Will of been on Induction for two weeks 3 days by the time the day in mention comes around,and i think ive stuck to it pretty religiously.
Thing is im best man at a wedding on Monday 6th Aug (this Mon), and ive told myself i will slightly relax for a couple days.
Asked already what the meal is and its soup n a roll chicken n assorted veg, then profiteroles for dessert :)
Now for the beverages i only drink cider thats all, cant really do spirits or wine, so the question is is will this through me major off course if i have several ciders (10):bliss: and the above meal, and maybe one or two select choices from the evening buffet ;)

Thanks in advance again

be kind:D

It will ... But you'll hardly notice if you jump straight back on the wagon and go back to clean and green... And blokes lose much easier that us women so it won't take you long...

It's a special event - so enjoy! Life's too short not to! :)

Oh well the wedding came and went , didn't think I went overboard , basically had two days off, Mon, Tues,
And started again Wed and just weighed myself now and put 5lbs on :(
Devastated but what did I expect, lovely couple days off though :)

Brush yourself down...draw a line under it and start again soon will come off just water ...glad u had a lovely few days xx

Thanks Ange :)
Had a good day today, just need to get weekend out of way.
Had to come inside though as my neighbour is tempting me with a cold Cider :-/
:)

Atkins unfortunately isn't the kind of diet where you can eat off plan even moderately without expecting it to set you back at least a week because as soon as you eat carbs again (without a slow, gradual build up of tolerance over several weeks) you regain the water weight you lost in the first week and knock yourself out of ketosis, meaning it takes a few days to get back to fat burning mode.

The good news is it's not fat you've put on, just water, and with a week perfectly on plan in induction that weight will woosh back off again. One extra week when you're losing weight for life isn't too bad.

Arghhhh the demon cider that stuff loves clinging to my hips....I'm steering we'll clear at mo lol x

Realise now that unlike slimming world or other relaxed diets you can have a little slip, where as this is all about keeping in the zone , trying to be focus now have been for over a week :)
but...... Go camping for a week on Wed, and they will be temptations :-/

Yes, there's a downside to this way of eating, but because the foods allowed are so yummy, I think it's a small price to pay. Good luck with the camping! :)

The reason you can't have a little slip on Atkins is because a small slip (as long as its enough to take you out of ketosis) has similar results to a big slip.

On a calorie counting diet, if you eat a chocolate cake one day, you can cut your calories for the rest of the week and you might balance it out (still easier said than done, though).

On Atkins coming out of ketosis can put you back by several days and eating carbs fills your glycogen stores so you gain weight overnight. It's scary when it happens.

The good news though is that gained weight is just water not fat and with a solid week in induction you'll take it back off again - but the whole thing will have set you back and having a slip like that once a week would likely mean no loss and perhaps a gain. The diet works so well and most people feel so good on it though that I think the benefits outweigh having to be so strict. For me personally a reasonably strict diet but one where I'm never hungry and can eat tasty food is what works best for me.

Also bear in mind that stepping off the diet isn't the end of the world - as long as it doesn't happen regularly and as long as you get back on the wagon after. You'll reach the same goal in the end, it will just take more time to get there.

Back