Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

I am going to use the maintenance products after my lipotrim shakes have ran out and my Pharmacist wants me to stay on maintenance until I reach my target. Dunno though, its £22 a week for maintenance products that gives you 14 shakes/bars, they expect you to take 2 a day, but I will see how I go over the next couple of weeks, and maybe just follow low calorie diet. Thats why I am listing all the calories next to my meals. I dont really want to take 2 maintenance products and one meal. So confusing. I would probably have 2 of the meals like I have so far and porridge or weetabix for breakfast. What are you going to do Chel?

I should say, I have about 25 maintenance products, I ordered the free samples and got some work colleagues to do the same. Just a shame you cant get them delivered to Ireland. They take your money for TFR shakes, but cant provide the samples?........sucks if you ask me.

Yep exactly we get the blunt of it lol!!

aah I dont know, most breakfast things are really high carbs! so not sure lol!! But dont want to rely on the shakes forever either

2 rashers of bacon with fat removed and grilled tomatoes with a poached egg would be nice once or twice a week too, even some mushrooms too Chel.

Ug hate mushrooms lol!

I was thinking like boiled or poached eggs or scrambled and a slice of wholemeal toast?

I was looking at my menu yesterday and the calories certainly went up with having carbs at lunch and dinner, so a non carb breakfast would be ideal. Couldnt you have bacon with egg and tomatoes, rather than having too many carbs, especially if you were having carbs with lunch and dinner too?

Day 5

Breakfast, Vanilla Shake (142 calories)

Lunch, Home made chicken broth (160 calories)
1 apple (72 calories)

Dinner, Home made chicken broth (160 calories)
2 rashers bacon, fat trimmed (180 calories)
2 grilled tomatoes (28 calories)
1 muller yogurt small (62 calories)

Drinks 1 black tea, 3 white coffees (33 calories) 3 litres of water.

Total calories 837 calories.

hmmm yeah good plan!!!

can we have eggs???

How are you working out the calories in everything?? lol

I cant see eggs mentioned in my refeed sheet, but if we are allowed dairy products like milk, low fat soft cheese, yogurts etc, I would assume eggs are okay too.
I was getting the calories online by typing into google, eg calories in 140g chicken breast - but my book arrived today which the Pharmacist recommended, its called 'Calorie Counter' by Dr Wynnie Chan. Only cost £3.85 on amazon and that included postage and packing. Besides calories, it gives you saturated fats, proteins, and carbohydrate too.

Hiya!
I'm loving your diary - really great to refer to in the future I'm thinking ;)

I had a look at the book you mentioned but there are 2 by her ... now I know it's the one actually titled Calorie Counter but can you tell me - does it have the GI & GL values in it or not? And do you know why that one was recommended to you as opposed to any other one?

(Just call me a nosey cow ;))

BTW I'm dying to see how your weight goes this week! Bet you are too! x

Hiya!
I'm loving your diary - really great to refer to in the future I'm thinking ;)

I had a look at the book you mentioned but there are 2 by her ... now I know it's the one actually titled Calorie Counter but can you tell me - does it have the GI & GL values in it or not? And do you know why that one was recommended to you as opposed to any other one?

Hi Jan, I hope it can be helpful to someone when they on re-feeding, so I am trying to put as much in as possible.

Its the pink coloured one and it doesnt have the GI or Gl values in it. It shows only kcal-energy-fat-saturated fat-protein-carbohydrate-fibre.

She recommended this one to me as she wants me to stick to 1000 calories, but I have not had 1000 calories yet, yesterday was the highest because I had pitta bread and sardines at lunch which boosted it.

Yes I am looking forward to weigh in on Thursday too, so far with my sneaky peeks, I cant see any difference, but I havent weighed at the same time as usual as I have been up at 4:30 for my 2 dayshifts, I should have a better idea tomorrow though when I get up at a more human time, 8am.

HAHAHA - Jan, you really are leaving yourself wide open there, but I'm feeling good today, so you're lucky! ;)

Kered, only just caught up with your diary and it seems you putting a lot of variety into your foods, which is good, and something I didn't do in the first week (although the results didn't hurt).

I'm not so sure about the calories part (just my opinion), but personally, I'm paranoid enough without viewing the calories as well, but if it helps thats great.

It's a good subject you raised in regards to brekkie as I too have been wondering what the hell to have once the shakes stop, which they have to at £22 a week for breakfast, it's quite a lot.

As I'm planning on starting my weights again, I was thinking of substituting my brekkie shake, with a whey-protein shake, so no carbs and plenty of protein. I'm murder for breakfast cereals and would regularly replace my evening meal with a big bowl of breakfast, so I really don't want to get started on them at all.

I hope everything goes well with the weigh-in on Thursday. Please try and post your results during the day if possible, would love to see how you've done in your first week before I head off on holiday.

Keep it up.

Mark

Mark, the £22 gives you 14 maintenance shakes/bars, which covers the breakfast and lunch, so therefore you just need to make your own dinner, but to be honest, if I am succeeding in still losing with the calorie counting and just using lipotrim for breakfast, I would probably just buy 1 batch at £22 which would give me breakfast for 2 weeks, so £11 per week, which is better but still more than I would spend on making my own breakfasts.

I will ask her about breakfasts when I see her next, but I am also thinking along the continental breakfast type, cucumber, tomatoes, small piece of cheese and boiled egg, but omitting the carby bread lol.

I will post my loss on Thur afternoon after I get weighed, I just usually post my menu in the evening once I have finished eating, incase I get tempted.........(NO MARY LOL).

My chemist doesn't do the maintenance products so I have to pay £22 for 7 shakes (one for each breakfast), which is what I was referring to, which I think is pricey, obviously the female products are cheaper than the male ones?

Good luck for Thursday anyway.

Have you sent for the free maintenance samples off the lipotrim site yet? Remember, get your friends to order some too, lol.

To be honest I haven't....I want to get back to normal food asap, but will send for some anyway....they may come in handy for the days I'm working out, so not to nibble on rubbish. :)

Good idea. I havent tasted any of the shakes yet, although they sound nice, but I have tried the bar, which was quite good.

I agree with you on getting back to normal foods though, why pay extras if we can be sensible.

"HAHAHA - Jan, you really are leaving yourself wide open there, but I'm feeling good today, so you're lucky! ;)"

PHEW!!!! ;)

Back