Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

I just make my own as I go along depending what I have in the cupboard, but usually its along these lines.

I fry onions, mushrooms and garlic in a little olive oil or frylite until tender, then add a tin of heinz chicken soup or campbells condensed chicken soup, once its warmed through I add 1 teaspoon of curry power, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, half teaspoon of ginger, half teaspoon of chinese five spice, then when its all mixed in, I just add the cooked chicken/beef/lamb/prawns etc.

When serving I sprinkle some chopped coriander and serve with boiled rice.

I just make my own as I go along depending what I have in the cupboard, but usually its along these lines.

I fry onions, mushrooms and garlic in a little olive oil or frylite until tender, then add a tin of heinz chicken soup or campbells condensed chicken soup, once its warmed through I add 1 teaspoon of curry power, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, half teaspoon of ginger, half teaspoon of chinese five spice, then when its all mixed in, I just add the cooked chicken/beef/lamb/prawns etc.

**Officially blagged!!!!! ;) cheers mary!!

"total" greek yoghurt

Hi Kered
have you tried the 0% total, no fat at all and tastes great. I have not tried the 2% one so can't compare, but the 1st one is worth a try. I use the campbells cream of mushroom soup the low fat one which is great also.

Yes I love the 0% one, thats the one I usually pick up, but I have been picking up the large tub recently, and I didnt even notice this was not 0%. Needless to say I pay a little more attention now when I am shopping.......wearing my glasses does help - lol

Weighed today and I had a STS. I have been away for a few days at my Sons and seeing as he had no cooker (just moved into a new flat) and no microwave, we had to live on take aways, so I am pretty pleased with my STS. Anyway, back on track today as I do want to lose a little weight, about half a stone.

Breakfast - Porridge with skimmed milk.
Lunch - Beef broth, 2 ryvita with ham and tomato.
Snack - Banana and 1 plum.
Supper - Basmati rice and chicken curry, 2 plums and 1 apple.

Well done on that sts!! Very good under the circumstances xx

LOL! BTW - Asda do a big tub of 0% - or they used to when I was doing SW. xx

Yeah - it was only ever Asda that had the big one - did you get one? xx

whooo well done on yer sts mary especially seeing as you was munching take aways - you must have made good choices :)

Yeah - it was only ever Asda that had the big one - did you get one? xx

I didnt get time to go over last night, it got quite busy in work, so I will go later, I need to go for some old potatoes anyway for tomorrows shephereds pie - hooked on it now, I love the taste:D

whooo well done on yer sts mary especially seeing as you was munching take aways - you must have made good choices :)

Errrrrrrr NOOOOOO, prawn curry, fried rice, spare ribs...........lol, the only good thing is that my Son is quite good at polishing things off, so I would tell him to eat some more before I got tempted - thank goodness for kids :family2:

Today's Menu.

Breakfast - Porridge followed by ham and a boiled egg.

Lunch - Beef broth, apple, 2 tangerines.

Dinner - Chicken curry, basmati rice, berries and Greek yogurt.

Snacks - fruit if required.

Errrrrrrr NOOOOOO, prawn curry, fried rice, spare ribs...........lol, the only good thing is that my Son is quite good at polishing things off, so I would tell him to eat some more before I got tempted - thank goodness for kids :family2:

:giggle: well it worked! Good ol' son! :)

weight fluctuation

I agree Jan..........lol, I was dreading weighing.
Hi Kered
Notice that you keep your diet pretty stable though just wondered if it fluctuates at all maybe up or down a few lbs. I know you did the calorie counting and have given it up now as you are pretty sure of the value of most things. Is there anything you really keep tabs on like bread for example.Wondered why you still want to lose more weight you look great as you are

Hi Kered
Notice that you keep your diet pretty stable though just wondered if it fluctuates at all maybe up or down a few lbs. I know you did the calorie counting and have given it up now as you are pretty sure of the value of most things. Is there anything you really keep tabs on like bread for example.Wondered why you still want to lose more weight you look great as you are

Thank you so much, I do feel great some days then other days I feel like I want to lose a few more pounds. I am staying within +/- 4lbs of 10stone.

Yeah, bread and pasta are the only foods that I am tending to be wary of now. I do eat both of them, but in moderation. I wont have any more than 2 pieces of wholemeal bread a day, but I dont eat it every day and I have pasta about once a week.

I was on about losing another half a stone last week (I change my mind all the time) but this week I have decided to stay as I am - :D.

I tend to just stick to 3 healthy meals a day and snack on fruit if I am hungry between meals. When I do over-do it a little, I just cut down on the carbs the next day.

My meals yesterday were,
Breakfast - Porridge with sweetner.
Lunch - Ham and lentil soup, fresh fruit.
Dinner - Omelette with ham, cheese and tomato. Raspberries/Blackberries with Greek yogurt.

Todays meals
Breakfast - Porridge with sweetner.
Lunch - Beef broth, fresh fruit and Greek yogurt.
Dinner - Curry and basmati rice, fresh fruit.

I do try not to have carbs at all meals as they tend to bloat me up.

Just to say thanks for the pic comment. Couldn't believe I could get into one leg of my jeans, even though it was a tight fit!! To think those jeans fitted me comfortably at Christmas.

Just to say thanks for the pic comment. Couldn't believe I could get into one leg of my jeans, even though it was a tight fit!! To think those jeans fitted me comfortably at Christmas.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that pic - amazing Bev xxx

Back