Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

We picked Maisey up yesterday morning and she has settled down at home really well, much better than I anticipated.

She still has her kennel cough and is on 2 antibiotics twice a day, so I have to phone up again tomorrow and she may need to go back for another steroid injection.

She is so loving and loves her basket and her little toys. She is eating well too and is being very clean.

Its a pleasure to have her with us and our lives have changed so much already its unbelievable.

She is even good for my diet as we are out and about walking :D

Saturdays food.

Breakfast, 2 weetabix with soya milk = 4pp

Lunch, Home made lentil soup, = 2pp.

Dinner, 2 rashers of bacon grilled with fat removed, 90g = 4pp
2 poached eggs = 4pp
1 wholemeal seeded bread = 3pp
Tomatoes = 0pp

Milk for tea/coffee = 2pp

6 vodkas/diet coke = 24pp

Total pp = 43pp

29/29
Used from slush fund = 22/49

Re: Soon be Xmas

Aw Mary so happy for you and glad she has settled in well. It's amazing the amount of happiness a pet can bring :)

Oh p.s .... Get some pics up soon can't wait to see her! X

Sundays food.

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with soya milk - 4pp
Snack, 1 kitkat - 3pp, 1 apple.
Lunch, Home made lentil soup - 2pp.
Dinner, Chicken breast 220g 6pp
New potatoes, - 3pp
Brocolli - 0pp
Carrots - 0pp
Brussel sprouts - 0pp
Low fat yogurt - 2pp

21/29 but I will have something later and edit.

Used from slush fund 22/49.

Edit 3 vodkas - 12pp

Used from slush fund 34/49

Thanks Tanya, I forgot to add my supper last night, but with you talking about cheese, it came back to me.
1 wholemeal roll - 4pp
Cathedral City Cheese - 2pp
Salad - 0pp
Milk for tea coffee - 2pp

Took me to 29/29 for daily allowance.

Last edited:
Awwww, would love to have a dog to take for walks etc.

Aww congrats on your new baby, she is one lucky dog. Hope you have great fun with her and brill that you are out walking rather than eating -very good bonus. Your food looks nicely balanced and very tasty. x

So glad you have little Maisie home and safe. You will dote on her now. Enjoy every minute of it.

So glad you're enjoying her Mary :). Food looking great, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on this week on the WW. I've nipped over to their forum and found out that I'd be on 29 too & John 34 (if I could ever persuade him to DO anything! ;)) Might think about that if it seems to work okay.

I was thinking too ... you know Tan & I are meeting on Sunday 5th December just outside Exeter ... Why don't you get yourself along there girl?? If you're not working that is. I imagine it'll be late afternoon/evening when we meet up ... just a thought xx

Awwww, would love to have a dog to take for walks etc.

It does give me the incentive to get off my butt.......and go walking :D

Aww congrats on your new baby, she is one lucky dog. Hope you have great fun with her and brill that you are out walking rather than eating -very good bonus. Your food looks nicely balanced and very tasty. x

Plus she has tit bits off my plate, so am eating even less :D

So glad you have little Maisie home and safe. You will dote on her now. Enjoy every minute of it.

We took her back to the vet today and she got a anti inflammatory injection, as her cough was worse yesterday - but today she seems a bit better, not coughing as much.

So glad you're enjoying her Mary :). Food looking great, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on this week on the WW. I've nipped over to their forum and found out that I'd be on 29 too & John 34 (if I could ever persuade him to DO anything! ;)) Might think about that if it seems to work okay.

I was thinking too ... you know Tan & I are meeting on Sunday 5th December just outside Exeter ... Why don't you get yourself along there girl?? If you're not working that is. I imagine it'll be late afternoon/evening when we meet up ... just a thought xx

I am finding it really good to be honest, and I have not been hungry once, and at least with the slush fund, it gives me plenty of points for Mr Smirnoff.
Just looked at my rota Jan, but I am working nights that night, thanks for asking though. I dont even have any A/L left to use until April - the joys of 4 holidays :D

Awww that wouldve been ace if you couldve have met us too!!! :( x

Menu today.

Breakfast, 2 weetabix and soya milk - 4pp

Lunch, 2 wholemeal bread toasted - 6pp
20g of lurpak spread on the toast - 4pp
2 scrambled eggs - 4pp

Dinner, Roast chicken - 6pp
Boiled potatoes - 3pp
Brocolli - 0pp
Swede - 0pp
Brussels - 0pp

Milk for tea, 2pp

Total 29/29

Used from slush fund 34/49

Edit, 1 pack of 25g cheese and onion crisps - 4pp
2 vodka and diet coke - 8pp

Used from slush fund 46/49

Last edited:
Hey Mary, food looking fandabbydozy! :D When are you going to weigh yourself? Im looking forward to starting it tomorrow x

Awwwww shame :(:(

Food looking good Missis :) - when do you get weighed? Can't wait to see how you get on :) xx

Awwwww shame :(:(

Food looking good Missis :) - when do you get weighed? Can't wait to see how you get on :) xx

Wednesday morning Jan. I am loving the pp plan, it feels just normal, not like I am dieting. I only joined last Tuesday night to get the literature, but wont go back, just weigh each Wednesday morning.

I hope poor little Maisey's cough is improving. Kennel cough is a nasty thing so keep a close eye to her.
One of my friends got a little kitten yesterday from a home. They discovered he had loads of fleas!!! So it was off to the vets first thing today to get him done for fleas. they were very disappointed that the home had let out the kitten without checking him for fleas as they were very obvious on him!!! Anyway, he is sooo cute and the kids just adore him. Similar excitement to what is going on in your house these days too.

Look forward to seeing how you get on hon xx

I hope poor little Maisey's cough is improving. Kennel cough is a nasty thing so keep a close eye to her.
One of my friends got a little kitten yesterday from a home. They discovered he had loads of fleas!!! So it was off to the vets first thing today to get him done for fleas. they were very disappointed that the home had let out the kitten without checking him for fleas as they were very obvious on him!!! Anyway, he is sooo cute and the kids just adore him. Similar excitement to what is going on in your house these days too.

She is still coughing Molly, but definitely improved a bit since yesterday. Strangely enough though, I had to loosen her collars tonight, they seemed to have gone a bit tight, so I dont know if she is swelling up. She has her normal collar, plus a little collar the homes put on them for 4 weeks, which keeps them calm. I have loosened them up to the next notch.

She is quite a little charachter, when I took her out to the field next door tonight for a wee wee, she jumped in her basket - lazy little thing that she is, but we know how we feel when we have a cold.

I hope your friends wee kitten has got rid of her fleas now, thats bad that they let her out without checking.

We had Maisey from Dogs Trust, and its like a 5 star hotel, radiators in their kennels and huge beds.

Back