DINING OUT - HELP!

casablanca

I'm out for a meal on Thursday with a few of the girls I used to work with. I didn't want to cancel it because it's been planned for a long time and I want to see them! Plus I don't want to turn into a diet bore with no life, lol!

Not wanting to ruin the diet (I'll be on day 11 of SSP), I was thinking of having a shake for breakfast and lunch and something like a grilled steak/chicken breast with either salad or vegetables at the restaurant.

I won't be drinking alcohol.

Has anybody else got any tips/advice?

Just make sure you drink the water as well during the day.

Stick to eating chicken salad, as for it without any extra flavouring on chicken or dressing on salad & youll be fine.

If you don't manage to stick to it, like me lol, just draw a line under it & start again the next day :)

Good luck!
Xx

Chicken salad... Get them to either steam or grill the chicken as a lot of places pan fry in oil :( iv eaten out lots on ss+ and always order a chicken salad but leave the tomatoes as theyre quite high in carbs and avoid dressings x

I have just been out for 3 meals and just asked for a side salad as a main course and ate it slowly with sparkling water! Most restaurants are happy to adapt the menu a bit. Good luck.

Thanks for the great advice/tips girls. I'll let you know how I get on.

Daisy, I totally admire you sticking to SS for soooooo long (just the thought of it made me faint!). You have done incredibly well with your losses. Keep up the good work - not much longer to go now! x

Well, I'm not sure how "well" I did eating out tonight!

It was 2 courses for £10.99 or 3 courses for £12.99. I don't have a sweet tooth so I opted for the 2 courses.

I had warm goats cheese salad to start - sounds horrendously fattening, I know - but I shared it with my friends and only ate a quarter of the cheese (it wasn't a big portion). I have to say it was delicious!

For the main, I had a spicy chicken breast with salad. I left all the new potatoes :)

My friends had meringues with ice-cream; hot chocolate fudge cake and waffles for dessert. I had a black coffee!

I had 2 small bottles of sparkling water to drink.

So, overall, with the two shakes I had throughout the day, I don't think I would have exceeded say 1,000 calories.

Too late now if I did, lol!

Back to the straight and narrow tomorrow!

Even though you went slightly off plan dont worry as you have done well to resist the lovely puddings. If you are anything like me you would hav previously opted for the 3 courses cos evry1 else was and would have devoured them potatoes lol. How are you feeling today? U still in ketosis???

Even though you went slightly off plan dont worry as you have done well to resist the lovely puddings. If you are anything like me you would hav previously opted for the 3 courses cos evry1 else was and would have devoured them potatoes lol. How are you feeling today? U still in ketosis???

I definitely would have devoured the potatoes if I wasn't on this diet - I love potatoes!

I've not felt hungry at all today but I've had a blinding headache all day and I can't shift it despite taking 2 ibuprofen.

I'm not sure I've ever been in ketosis as such because I can go all day one day without feeling hungry and then the next I can be really hungry!

Back